S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

BEST INTAKE DYNO PROVEN

Old 10-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST INTAKE DYNO PROVEN

Yes it's been talked about hundred times but I couldn't find any new updated post so please don't start saying this has already been discussed to go research cause Idc to hear or read it. What's the best intake power/Dyno/and tested wise for and F20 AP1. A BLOX velocity stack ill be using as a filter. But would you guys say the AEM OR INJEN CAI intake that goes down to the splashguard with the BLOX V-Stack as a filter ? Or K&N SHIRT RAM intake which I can see is used a lot? I personally feel guys that a custom piping intake with the BLOX V-Stack sitting behind the grill would be best.So when you stare at the car from the front if you look closely where the grill sits there would be a BLOX V-stack sitting there getting direct air kind of like a front facing turbo I would say. But my car is black,grill is black,v-stack is is gonna be black so it wouldn't look bad like a horn or anything cause it would be hard to see anyways.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:50 PM

theres no right answer for this. as long as the filter is in a good spot and the piping is done well, its all about the same.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 PM

I run a PRM intake and I LOVE it. I got it just for sound though. its about the same as all the other intakes with a cool filter design. It gave me alot more mid range feel, but peak I really cant tell a difference.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM

Just get an Injen or AEM CAI and call it a day.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmrick
Yes it's been talked about hundred times but I couldn't find any new updated post so please don't start saying this has already been discussed to go research cause Idc to hear or read it.
If you can't be bothered to put forth the effort to do some basic research then why would you expect us to put forth any effort for you? This is precisely why there are so many intake threads to begin with.

Do your own due diligence and read up. There's really nothing new to add the countless prior discussions. Best is always highly subjective regardless of topic.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

remove the baffles from the stock airbox. BAM best intake. no really. If you want it to be cold air add a snorkle like the spoon. all the power none of the rice. race proven.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:22 AM

Once again Idc. Everyone clearly put there Effort in . Thank you guys . Will do.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Best intake I'd say is a turbo!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best intake regarding what? Just power? What about price/HP ratio? The AEM and K&N are good choices because they have been proven to have some gains and don't break the bank in the process. Are they the best power wise? No. I think the Password JDM intake has shown the best gains, but is very expensive and has had fitment issues. BEST is subjective.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM

I may just keep the stock in the mean time and open it up a little bit since its so restricted an throw a BLOX velocity stack on. But most likely gonna run a custom intake pipe out from behind the grill so its direct air Into the car and into the V-Stack. I just don't want it looking like a hair so I'm gonna cover it as best as possible.

Quick Reply: BEST INTAKE DYNO PROVEN