S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

blueprint's K24 Powered S2000

Old 01-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

is the stock heat shield still able to bolt to the car behind the header?
Old 01-01-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by decepticondc5
is the stock heat shield still able to bolt to the car behind the header?
Nope.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Just curious, whats the main reason behind this swap? Sure you might make 30 tq over a f22 in the midrange but with peak numbers being damn near identical i dont feel its worth $15-20k on this swap unless theres something else real obvious that im not seeing. I mean kudos to you for getting the swap done but wheres the big benefit?
Old 01-06-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Unless I'm reading the dyno wrong it's showing 251hp to the wheels, which is quite a bit more than a F22.
The following users liked this post:
Droid (05-10-2019)
Old 01-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Except the OP isn't making a killing in the mid range here either. It looks to be making pretty much a stock vtec F series power curve, just a bit more power throughout. About 20trq/whp over a Standard bolt on F22. Not to knock all the hard work here, but yeah I'm pretty much in the why bother camp myself. But I have always been thrifty with my money with this car, trying to get the most for the least. This build flies in the face of that in every way. To each their own as they say.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesD89
Unless I'm reading the dyno wrong it's showing 251hp to the wheels, which is quite a bit more than a F22.
okay maybe i was exaggerating a little when i said damn near identical lol. But 30whp and 30wtq is not worth $15-20k imo. Plus all the research and work put into doing the swap unless he just dropped it off at a shop and paid someone to do it.
im just saying there are means to gain just as much with the stock platform for far less. But if he did it just for the sake of having a k series in the s2000 then my curiosity ends right there.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wondered how these would do supercharged as in root style. Heck, just get your basic k swap kit and a stock k24 and supercharge it. Should make a shit ton of mid range without building the motor.

kswap kit as stated above-3k
k24 long block-1k give or take
root style supercharger jackson/comptech-2k?

Another positive is the supercharger will keep the perfect balance compared to a Sos/vortech f series supercharger. Blow the motor? No problem, grab another stock k24
Old 01-08-2017, 11:19 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Mod for mod the K series just offers so much more potential in NA form. Additionally the K series has i-VTEC which allows a variable intake/exhaust valve overlap.

This configurability allows the engine to respond to modification much better. To greatly simplify it, it allows the engine to make both high top end power and low end torque by varying the amount of valve overlap based on RPM & Load.

In the end the decision for me was simple. The potential, engine availability, cost of replacement engines and the endless aftermarket support. They all played key factors in my decision to swap this engine in. I am very happy with how the car performs.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Except the OP isn't making a killing in the mid range here either. It looks to be making pretty much a stock vtec F series power curve, just a bit more power throughout. About 20trq/whp over a Standard bolt on F22. Not to knock all the hard work here, but yeah I'm pretty much in the why bother camp myself. But I have always been thrifty with my money with this car, trying to get the most for the least. This build flies in the face of that in every way. To each their own as they say.
Smaller cams solve that. A lot of the "stage 3" cams out there make less power on the K24's till 8000. Sure they make a bunch more power from 8000 up. But A sub 8k motor needs a much smaller cam then what he's running and that allows you to run more VTC which will give you a much bigger Mid range bump in power. I myself have made the same mistake and put much smaller cams in it recently. Haven't made it to the dyno yet.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Mod for mod the K series just offers so much more potential in NA form. Additionally the K series has i-VTEC which allows a variable intake/exhaust valve overlap.

This configurability allows the engine to respond to modification much better. To greatly simplify it, it allows the engine to make both high top end power and low end torque by varying the amount of valve overlap based on RPM & Load.

In the end the decision for me was simple. The potential, engine availability, cost of replacement engines and the endless aftermarket support. They all played key factors in my decision to swap this engine in. I am very happy with how the car performs.
I'm one of the few people that can appreciate the swap. That being said, I'm curious to know if the current setup is set to extract the most amount of reliable power from the k24 or is it a mild setup? Is there a possibility to squeeze out more power from this engine than what you have already shown us?

Quick Reply: blueprint's K24 Powered S2000