S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

F20c bolt-ons

Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F20c bolt-ons

Hi Guys

Just looking for some insights into what works in terms of basic bolt-ons for 2006+ F20c equipped S2000's.

I come from a K-series background and understand that many of the same principles that work well on a K20a, also work on a F20c

The stock header and inlet manifold look pretty well designed, is there much to be gained by going aftermarket?

For example I was loosely thinking of:

3.5" CAI
J37 throttle
Stock inlet Ported to 70mm
Stock header with a test pipe
3" Exhaust
Hondata Flashpro

I was also curious about drop in cams, I noticed BC offer a drop in for the stock valve train.

Many thanks in advance for any info!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:18 AM

Also interested to know.
Thanks for the thread
Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's going to be a little different for you guys overseas since you have an AP2 with a F20. I'm assuming parts that work for all model years will be your best bet as I don't know the specifics of your motor. Is it DBW?

If you can, and I don't know, if you could get a Flashpro from Hondata, you will be a lot better off than not and having to go full stand alone. Test pipe, CAI, etc. won't help as much as a good tune.

Don't expect the same amount of gains per part as the K series engine. It is costs major $ to get extra ponies.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kermdaddy
It's going to be a little different for you guys overseas since you have an AP2 with a F20. I'm assuming parts that work for all model years will be your best bet as I don't know the specifics of your motor. Is it DBW?

If you can, and I don't know, if you could get a Flashpro from Hondata, you will be a lot better off than not and having to go full stand alone. Test pipe, CAI, etc. won't help as much as a good tune.

Don't expect the same amount of gains per part as the K series engine. It is costs major $ to get extra ponies.
Yes DBW - Same as the 2007+ Civic SI

I would make my own intake and have an exhaust fabricated. The other parts are not model speciifc really.

Seems the F20c has aready met much of its potential N/A, having said that, making 240 on a dynojet seems possible?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM

Depends on the dyno, but with just bolt-ons I would say it is a stretch to make 240 hp. That is somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20% increase in power. I'm not saying it can't be done, it will just cost you
Old 09-25-2013, 04:02 AM

J37 throttle with adaptor and gaskets ~ $300
Machine shop to hone everything out to 70mm ~ $100
Custom intake $0 - I have the parts already
test pipe $150
3" cat back $750
BC cams $600
flashpro $600 + my time for self tune or an etune

Looks to be about $2.5 all in, for +30hp about 83 bucks a horse...
Old 09-25-2013, 04:43 AM

That's not bad. I hope you get the results you are looking for, but I just don't see you gaining 30 hp from those mods.

For $2500 you could almost pick up a used SC kit.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i've posted my results from my F20C before. here was the thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/909...tepped-intake/

that was roughly 38 whp gain over stock and even more in the mid range. the drive by wire cars have access to flashpro to tune the stock ecu so i would start there. if you want an off the shelf intake, use something with a long pipe such as an aem or injen cold air. 3.5 inch would be more ideal but that would have to be custom made.

keep the header stock. add a 3 inch test pipe and a 3 inch single exit exhaust and you're done. that should get you somewhere in the high 220/low 230 whp range on a dynojet. 240 whp is easier to achieve on a F22. don't worry too much about peak hp. you're going to get a nice full powerband with bolt on's and a tune. it's going to be a night and day difference.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kermdaddy
That's not bad. I hope you get the results you are looking for, but I just don't see you gaining 30 hp from those mods.For $2500 you could almost pick up a used SC kit.

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.
i've posted my results from my F20C before. here was the thread:https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/909...ed-intake/that was roughly 38 whp gain over stock and even more in the mid range. the drive by wire cars have access to flashpro to tune the stock ecu so i would start there. if you want an off the shelf intake, use something with a long pipe such as an aem or injen cold air. 3.5 inch would be more ideal but that would have to be custom made. keep the header stock. add a 3 inch test pipe and a 3 inch single exit exhaust and you're done. that should get you somewhere in the high 220/low 230 whp range on a dynojet. 240 whp is easier to achieve on a F22. don't worry too much about peak hp. you're going to get a nice full powerband with bolt on's and a tune. it's going to be a night and day difference.
Good stuff Brian, do you have a picture of your intake?

This was the last 3.5" stepped intake I made on a Type R EP3, included a BPi V-stack and K&N filter:

The dyno gave me all the data I needed to optimise the length.

I am thinking the length will be similar on the Sk2 so might not have drop down into the wheel well.

I have access to 95ron fuel (UK 99ron) so with the drop in cams 230whp should be easy.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pulp_PWR
Good stuff Brian, do you have a picture of your intake?

This was the last 3.5" stepped intake I made on a Type R EP3, included a BPi V-stack and K&N filter:

The dyno gave me all the data I needed to optimise the length.

I am thinking the length will be similar on the Sk2 so might not have drop down into the wheel well.

I have access to 95ron fuel (UK 99ron) so with the drop in cams 230whp should be easy.
i do not have pictures. the intake pipe runs down below the drivers side headlight. it sits behind the fake brake duct on the bumper. i played with length on the dyno too. i had a short ram on there before and the long intake pipe picked up a lot more power up top. i would leave the throttle body and cams for last. add an intake, test pipe, header and tune it.

Quick Reply: F20c bolt-ons