S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

F20c Dyno Graph from AE86 swap

Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

if it worked like that everyone would have 230-240whp on the s2000.

9 times out of 10 cams dont make any power on the s2000, maybe combined with the toda cam gears you'll see some gains. I'd say to make them really effective you'd need something like an InlinePro intake manifold. $1200. N/a power gets expensive fast on the s2000.

I am telling you this because thousands of s2000 owners have tried and had high hopes for NA power gains only to be disappointed in the end. If you make great power then Awesome! Just keep in mind that Honda did a fantastic job squeezing the most power out of 2.0 as they could. So extracting even more is a tall order.

In all honesty, i'd put my money into areas of your car will it will make the most impact. You already have an excellent engine in the car. Get it running great with EMS and some basic bolt ons then concentrate on what your car is built for. Corner carving, Get a great suspension, and setup the gearing for the car to maximize your power band.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,Dec 9 2010, 08:39 PM
if it worked like that everyone would have 230-240whp on the s2000.

9 times out of 10 cams dont make any power on the s2000, maybe combined with the toda cam gears you'll see some gains. I'd say to make them really effective you'd need something like an InlinePro intake manifold. $1200. N/a power gets expensive fast on the s2000.

I am telling you this because thousands of s2000 owners have tried and had high hopes for NA power gains only to be disappointed in the end. If you make great power then Awesome! Just keep in mind that Honda did a fantastic job squeezing the most power out of 2.0 as they could. So extracting even more is a tall order.

In all honesty, i'd put my money into areas of your car will it will make the most impact. You already have an excellent engine in the car. Get it running great with EMS and some basic bolt ons then concentrate on what your car is built for. Corner carving, Get a great suspension, and setup the gearing for the car to maximize your power band.
evrything u say is so true and i even know its true
but sometimes you need to hear it from someone else...
well i guess i should move over to the FI section with this one....
but before i go i need an aem so if anyone's parting out and have one at a good price lmk....
oh.... btw i got a pair of skunk2 cams for sale if anyones interested $450shipped
Old 12-10-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk with Greg at Gt motoring about NA supporting mods. Hytech header, Hayward ITBs, and there j's 70rs they made right at 240whp. Its doable just with dollars. I was looking at going with that setup as I am Greddy turbod now and worried about heat when driving HPDE. Also Greg has cams and cam gears installed however they are set to 0 so they arent being used. I imagine when retuned it will work great. But def talk to him they have alot of experience with different setups. Again car looks great!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Dec 10 2010, 10:35 AM
Talk with Greg at Gt motoring about NA supporting mods. Hytech header, Hayward ITBs, and there j's 70rs they made right at 240whp. Its doable just with dollars. I was looking at going with that setup as I am Greddy turbod now and worried about heat when driving HPDE. Also Greg has cams and cam gears installed however they are set to 0 so they arent being used. I imagine when retuned it will work great. But def talk to him they have alot of experience with different setups. Again car looks great!
thank bro
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 PM

F20C BC cams ITB's KPRO
Old 01-13-2011, 04:42 PM

i bought my aem ems today.... should be installing it real soon after it arrives through the mail.
Also got a great deal on a full set of coilovers which i think i need more than power right now....so im gonna install my ems giv it a tune and sell it back and buy my suspension so its kind of a give and take... but hopefully within the next 2 weeks i should have some new numbers
Old 01-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by kent876,Jan 13 2011, 05:42 PM
....so im gonna install my ems giv it a tune and sell it back
Old 01-16-2011, 06:35 AM

i know its a crazy thing to do but when i bought it i thought it was a good deal which it was but then i entered a auto cross event with the car and remembered that even with just a stock F20c i have way too much power for stock suspension and brakes.....so i need to sort those first....but i wouldnt have my ems that ive always wanted and not plug it on and give it a tune.... i recently did the aem ems course so i have adequate knowledge of the software plus ive tuned about 3 car since then with ems and they all run great so the tune will be free of cost
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChfzCYn38ws [/media]
Haha
Hey this is my car, that you posted on here. Im sitting reading the thread and I see the video of my car....thats funny.

Its an AE88 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S w/ F20C swap
207whp
Built by Andres at RAW RACING in Florida

In the video the car has 22" slicks and wet shot of NOS make 280whp

If you want to make more power definitely start by taking out the junk stock ecu and putting in a AME AMS ECU. It makes a huge difference. Vtec Crosses over much faster and harder. Plus you need a good standalone ecu to tune off of. Then just do cams and jenvey itbs. Thats what im doing right now.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 PM

please let me know how those mods work for you.... i jus got my aem ems yesterday...naw wait on friday.... but im not gonna get a chance to install and tune until a few weeks cuz im leaving the country for 2 weeks..... i am no heavy spender but i came across a pair of hytech spec 1 cams that i thought were pretty nice.... i honestly dont know how many miles were already on this motor when i bought so i wanna rebuild most of it before i start jus to be on the safe side.... i wanna change my rod bearings n bolts..... new retainers maybe springs....... timing chain tensioner (very noisy) but in the mean time im doing some research for some home made mods for a few extra horses.....

Quick Reply: F20c Dyno Graph from AE86 swap