S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

F20C EUDM Rebuild

Old 10-02-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the info,

I am planning to go for the OEM f20C crank and OEM honda bearings.
Thanks for the help, the forum is awesome as usual!

I have a few more questions now (Sorry), now when going for the OEM crank and bearings (rod and Crank both). How do i make sure im using the right bearings and clearances, Honda has so many colors and sizes.

I am planning to order the new crank, so should i wait till the crank arrives and then i order the bearings ? How will i know what bearings are the correct ones (i think it depends on the code stamped on the crank) and then check clearances.

Or will i have to likey order most of the bearings and then check the clearances and make sure that its best.

Please advise guys

Thanks
Old 10-02-2018, 01:45 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Sameer
Hi Rolan,

Well inline pro is also well known for their strokers and theirs is compatible with the FRM cylinders, about the builder, to be very honest this region doesnt have very good builders, so i am not too sure how well he will do the work. I plan to sit on his head and make sure everything is to spec. Going the F22c crank and rods is also a good option, but its so hard to find good clean ones and also i think the F20 block has to be notched if i am using the F22 crank rods and F20 pistons.

Will have to check on that too. the stroker kit seems to be a straight forward option, but i think i might be very wrong here.

Really appreciate you guys taking time to reply
You're welcome

Inline Pro sounds good too. Like Junky said there is no better F20/22 builder than Honda themselves so reliability of OEM engine builds will always be superior. Lack of good builders for your engine is a real concern. Since you have to go this in depth rebuild route it will be risky so I hope you can get the best of everything to get the most out of every $ you have to spend.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:54 AM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Get yourself a FSM. start from there
Old 10-02-2018, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think u mean the Service Manual?

Well i have read on it actually, and what i uderstood from it was that i need to match the codes of the crank and block to get main bearing codes, and then check crank and rods to get rod bearing codes, but i dont have the new oem crank yet. so i guess first step would be to get the crank
and even after that, i need to make sure the clearance are in spec with pastigauge

I guess this is the only way, please advise if the guru's here have more knowledge

Thanks