S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

F22C all motor (new member)

Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22C all motor (new member)

HI to everyone.

First i want you to know that my English is horrible, i understand 99% of the topics but i dont write or speak very well.

I'm from Portugal and i'm leaving at Switzerland.

Unfortunately i dont have a S2000, but i have a Toyota AE86, with a F20C engine fited, know being transformed to an F22C.

I know and i visite the site by 1 year i think, but never did any comment or topic, but now, i have been gathering all the parts for my engine and i have almost all of them. Its a slow project, because its a full built car and engine, its my obsession.

The car is not ready but i hope to have it ready this new year. Until now, its a 4 year project.

I will start to give a BIG "thanks" for Patrick from Urge Designs, he help me to chose almost all the parts for my engine.

I bought a F20C but like it is a full built engine, i decided to do the F22C to get some few more hp.

I'm not a mechanic and i never worked with cars. I think before start this project i change the oïl of one car lool It has been a big big adventure lool was me who chose all the parts for the chassis, and to chose them, i passed all this years searching and reading on internet, and talking with people who knows about the bussiness.

I dont have hp goals for this engine, because i dont know how it will works on AE86 chassis, because the exhaust and i will probably need to modify the headers. But i hope to have between 320/340 crank hp.

The only thing i can show for now is the parts, the engine will be ready in 2 or 3 months after have all the parts. The engine is "almost" a GT Engine spec from Urge Designs

So list is:

1- F22C Crank (searching one)
2- Crower rods
3- Wiseco 89mm Custom Urge Designs pistons
4- Supertech valve train kit
5- Urge Designs ITBS
6- Urge Designs full head work
7- Cometic head gasket
9- Brian Crower stage 2 cams
10- ACL bearings
11- Darton Sleeves
12- Injector dynamics injectors
13- Works pulleys kit (less crank)
14- Fluid damper crank pulley
15- OEM new alternator, starter motor, tensioner idler and chain tensioner, oil pump and oil pump chain, water pump, cams chain, all new block and valve cover gaskets, etc
16- ARP Studs
17- Fidanza flywheel
18- Haltech ECU and Racepak data logger dash kit
19- Mocal oil coller
20- Koyo water radiator
21- Stage 2 Competition Clutch (dont know yet but probably this one)
22- Modified oil pan to fit AE86 crossmember
23- Custom engine mounts
24- J's Racing Header
25- Custom 3" exhaust

And all the other parts outside engine like walbro fuel pump, atl fuel cell, etc..

I have some of the parts right now, and i'm wating for the head, pistons and rods from Urge Designs. Will order the sleeves this month and try to find a F22C crank.

I will put some photos this afternoon, i have to go now.

I want to receive all yours feedbacks and knowledge, i'm here to learn =)
Old 12-30-2013, 02:45 AM

First i bought a Toyota 20v Blacktop engine, but after driving a S2000 and after saw some AE86 F2XC projects, i decided to sell it and buy a F20C. I prefer NA engines, so, i chosed to follow NA route.

The parts i have now.

The engine itself

Some OEM parts

I forgot to take picture of ARP studs, and supertech valve train kit is at Urge Designs.

BC Stage 2 Cams. I will use them first, and wait for Urge Designs ones.

ITBS (they are amazing)

Fidanza Flywheel

Haltech ECU and Dash

Waiting the head, rods, pistons and sleeves, already ordered and searching for a F22C crank in very good condition. After i will give the parts and engine for my engine builder and will buy the other parts, slowly =(
Old 12-30-2013, 03:13 AM

some photos of the engine in the car, the oïl pan and mounts:

Old 12-30-2013, 02:09 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks interesting. Are you sending the whole engine to Urge?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Welcome Vilela Looks like a nice engine build you have for yourself with ITB's and all, and it should move the car nicely I'm running 89mm pistons as well, if you didn't know these with the standard F22 crank will up the displacement .1, so you could call it an F23.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by MB
Looks interesting. Are you sending the whole engine to Urge?

No, i bought the parts and Patrick help me to chose the parts.

I wanted to buy the all engine packadge, but i needed to send my engine, pay the shiping costs and taxes, and after, pay the shiping costs to switzerland and the taxes again, to expensive =(

But i hope to get very close hp numbers, my fear is the headers, this engines are to sensitive to headers change, but i will see what i can do.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Welcome Vilela Looks like a nice engine build you have for yourself with ITB's and all, and it should move the car nicely I'm running 89mm pistons as well, if you didn't know these with the standard F22 crank will up the displacement .1, so you could call it an F23.

Thanks

In the end my car will weight aproximatelly 900 kg, its more than enought, even with a oem f22c was enought =)

Yes, i knew that f23c question, i did some research, i was thinking to buy a f24c stroker kit, but i prefer more reliability, thats why i chosed this "f23c" build.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like an awesome build!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:23 AM

I will not use the aluminium crank pulley from the kit, i prefer to use the Fluidampr, but i couldnt buy the other 2 pulleys alone.

Waiting for the rods, head and pistons from Patrick and still searching for a dealler to sell me a new crankshaft for a good price.

After i can give the engine to be built =)
Old 02-04-2014, 05:58 AM

Few more parts.

Urge Designs full head work with welded chambers + Supertech Valve Train Kit (H1021D)

And a great detail:

Crower Rods

Urge Designs Custom Pistons

Mishimoto 60°C Thermostat

Quick Reply: F22C all motor (new member)