S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

F24C Long Rod Engine Build 2.4L

Old 08-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work! Any more updates?
Old 08-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes it runs great! Not one issue has come up and we've just past 4K miles. Next up we are going to try and integrate iVtec system. Take all the good things on the K series and make them work for the F series. Stay tuned...
Old 08-14-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by BalladeSports
Yes it runs great! Not one issue has come up and we've just past 4K miles. Next up we are going to try and integrate iVtec system. Take all the good things on the K series and make them work for the F series. Stay tuned...
Definitely will. Keep us updated please. And a VIDEO!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Since what we currently made and has proven to be successful. But I we want to push the envelope even farther. Has anyone ever wondered why you can't put a K20 head on to an F20/22? First off, without an adapter plate and taller cylinder sleeves it would be impossible.

So I thought to myself, why can't my deck plate be re-configured to work as duel duty. It can be a deck plate and and adapter plate for a K20 cylinder head. So far this is the cocktail napkin idea. Next is to think it out practically.

Last edited by BalladeSports; 08-15-2017 at 09:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
s2000ellier (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Since what we currently made and has proven to be successful. But I we want to push the envelope even farther. Has anyone ever wondered why you can't put a K20 head on to an F20/22? First off, without an adapter plate and taller cylinder sleeves it would be impossible.

So I thought to myself, why can't my deck plate be re-configured to work as duel duty. It can be a deck plate and and adapter plate for a K20 cylinder head. So far this is the cocktail napkin idea. Next is to think it out practically.
there was a company on here years ago that did this actually. Sold it as a ivtec kit for i want to say around 1500. not sure what ever happened to them.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I like where you're going with this.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

I know who you are talking about. That was an i-vtec conversion still using the F20 cylinder head. That required modifying the head a little bit. I'm going to try that first on the engine we already have with the deck plate. But the real beans will be in the future if I can get the K20 head to work.

Imagine the use of any K series cams, with a block that already has the same K24 rotating assembly. The internals don't know the difference if the block code is an F20 or a K24. Because we already have a K series kit for the S2k, I'm in great position for this mod. I already have a K to S2k Header, Intake Manifold, ECU, Engine Harness. The idea makes me excited to have all the direct fit block assembly, engine mounts, AC compressor, Trans, clutch, flywheel etc. And all I have to do is make the head fit. The biggest obstacle is making a timing chain tensioner location. The F20 head holds the TCT. The K block holds the TCT. We will have to modify the block a little for TCT location. I already bought a K20 head assembly! Progress is coming!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I looked at this. The part that stopped me was coming up with a reliable way of tensioning the timing chain since the K series tensioner is at the bottom of the block and the F series is up top. The adapter part looks easy though.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:08 PM

Keep us posted definitely intrigued. If you do find a way to do this you will unlock another level of tuning. Especially with all motor setups.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
I looked at this. The part that stopped me was coming up with a reliable way of tensioning the timing chain since the K series tensioner is at the bottom of the block and the F series is up top. The adapter part looks easy though.
Everyone thought my Deck Plate motor wouldn't work either, but it does. Everyone also though my deck plate was a waste and over thinking/engineering to make a stoker kit. In fact I love driving around with this motor much more than my K24 S2000. But we needed to succeed and make one step to be able to move onto this next step. No one would make an adapter plate/deck plate for a K head if they didn't have K24 Long Rod rotating assembly already in mind in their F series block. We'll see how this comes out.

Here is the F24 deck plate with K head gasket over it. The head studs all line up. And 3 of the oil return holes are exactly the same on the exhaust side. The others overlap with is good. I just need to make the bottom of the plate F series and the top of the plate K series. First is the mock up and making the K timing tensioner work. We may even be able to use a standard K24 timing chain now, since the deck plate makes our block height the same as K24.

Last edited by BalladeSports; 08-16-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Quick Reply: F24C Long Rod Engine Build 2.4L