F24C Long Rod Engine Build 2.4L - Page 25 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

F24C Long Rod Engine Build 2.4L

Old 01-27-2018, 09:04 AM
  #241  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 945
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flanders View Post
Yeah it almost makes you wonder if they use a different kind of spring rate unit
I converted the rates before posting
Chibo is offline  
Old 01-29-2018, 12:59 PM
  #242  
 
Slowcrash_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,604
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flanders View Post
Yeah it almost makes you wonder if they use a different kind of spring rate unit
Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
7800 rev limit, interesting.

Seemed like they limped the M3 around. Then again, they are running 900/1400lb springs, which is kinda insane. I don't know why Japan tuners seem to go ****ing insane spring rate wise compared to the rest of the world. 700/1000lb is more normal on the E90 M3.
the motion ratios on e92 basically means the wheel rate is 2.5x less than the spring rate. Wereas our motion ratio means our wheel rate is much closer to the spring rate.
Slowcrash_101 is offline  
Old 01-29-2018, 01:35 PM
  #243  
 
flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,473
Thanked 109 Times in 106 Posts
Default

E92 uses Macpherson struts in the front so that should be very close to motion rate of 1.
Quick google search says 0.96 front and 0.58 rear.
As for the S2k it's 0.589 front and 0.578 rear, at least according to Sakebomb

Last edited by flanders; 01-29-2018 at 01:41 PM.
flanders is online now  
Old 01-30-2018, 11:24 AM
  #244  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 336
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike RT4 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t742T1GwUs

If you scroll to 12:22 in the video, you will see that the 2016 iteration of the J's Racing S2000 "F20C" is 2,670cc ! I wonder what they did to achieve that.....????
There is a forum member with an F27, it's been done before and costs money.

I believe the block is sleeved to accept a larger bore with a 2.4l stroker kit for ~ 2700cc of all motor goodness
Aurex is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 08:06 PM
  #245  
 
S2kAndTheAnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 703->781->626
Posts: 1,633
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Aurex View Post
There is a forum member with an F27, it's been done before and costs money.

I believe the block is sleeved to accept a larger bore with a 2.4l stroker kit for ~ 2700cc of all motor goodness
Yep, I believe he got his engine built my inlinepro.
S2kAndTheAnt is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 10:12 PM
  #246  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 945
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101 View Post
the motion ratios on e92 basically means the wheel rate is 2.5x less than the spring rate. Wereas our motion ratio means our wheel rate is much closer to the spring rate.
Originally Posted by flanders View Post
E92 uses Macpherson struts in the front so that should be very close to motion rate of 1.
Quick google search says 0.96 front and 0.58 rear.
As for the S2k it's 0.589 front and 0.578 rear, at least according to Sakebomb
​​​​​​​What I said has nothing to do with motion rates though
Chibo is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 05:09 AM
  #247  
 
SammyPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Essex
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Grave diggers on site!

WE NEED MORE INFO!
SammyPT is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mr-T
UK & Ireland S2000 Community
90
06-26-2014 10:01 AM
Kitesurfer s2000
S2000 Forced Induction
5
10-27-2011 07:24 AM
scott-s2k
UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted
3
11-15-2009 10:25 AM
BBY2KS2K
S2000 Under The Hood
14
12-30-2002 10:02 AM
Pixsurguy
S2000 Under The Hood
3
11-05-2002 10:10 AM


Quick Reply: F24C Long Rod Engine Build 2.4L


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands