S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

HKS Single vs EVS Tuning Single Exhaust

Old 06-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by X13A
keep in mind, my exhaust set up from header to the muffler is not a true 3 inch.. it does what they call step up.

Headers 63.5mm > HFC 70mm > HKS single 75mm

this creates a step up in sizes from header alllll the way back which is why i'm able to have a deep low rpm tone and a really loud tone at higher rpms
I know and that's cool. I have the stock header and an Invidia 60mm TP so mine should be 57 > 60 > 75 (once I get the HKS single). Hope I'm right about the stock header outlet size? Wondering whether I should stay with the 60mm TP or go for a 70.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
I know and that's cool. I have the stock header and an Invidia 60mm TP so mine should be 57 > 60 > 75 (once I get the HKS single). Hope I'm right about the stock header outlet size? Wondering whether I should stay with the 60mm TP or go for a 70.
i say go for the 70mm.

who knows.. you might get headers down the line. lol

and yes the oem collector size is 58mm.

so you'll be 58 > 70 > 75 this sets you up for a nice 70mm collector on header if you go that route.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by X13A
i say go for the 70mm.

who knows.. you might get headers down the line. lol

and yes the oem collector size is 58mm.

so you'll be 58 > 70 > 75 this sets you up for a nice 70mm collector on header if you go that route.
Yeah maybe I will get a Mugen header
I'd most probably stay with the stock one though. It is very well engineered and is reported to be good for boost. Not to mention the aftermarket headers I'd want are a lot more expensive than even the HKS exhaust I may go supercharged soon.
Thanks for the suggestion - 70mm TP may be a future purchase. In theory the smaller 60mm immediately after the header is almost like an extension of it and at that size it may improve exhaust velocity until it gets to the exhaust itself which will then open up and improve flow a lot. After getting the exhaust I'll run it with the 60mm TP to see how it feels/sounds.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I would go with the EVS>HKS>Greddy. In terms of quality of manufacture, but the end and hks are a close call; depending where it's made (Japan vs US VS Taiwan )
Old 06-15-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Making the switch. Selling my Tomei and buying a EVS 70-SSP...
Old 06-16-2018, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by kevinS2OOO
Making the switch. Selling my Tomei and buying a EVS 70-SSP...
Tomei Expreme single? Probably the most aggressive/loudest S2K exhaust I've heard...
Old 06-16-2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Tomei Expreme single? Probably the most aggressive/loudest S2K exhaust I've heard...
Yeah, but too paranoid running it on the street. Same for the 70RR, didn't really enjoy driving the car on the streets. On the track, yes, sounded AMAZING...But not ideal for California.

Going to pick up a used EVS 70-SSP next week. I will install it with a Berk HFC...and will give you guys my opinion!
Old 06-17-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by kevinS2OOO
Yeah, but too paranoid running it on the street. Same for the 70RR, didn't really enjoy driving the car on the streets. On the track, yes, sounded AMAZING...But not ideal for California.

Going to pick up a used EVS 70-SSP next week. I will install it with a Berk HFC...and will give you guys my opinion!
Too loud for the street but great for the track. What's a guy to do lol.

Looking forward to your opinion on the EVS!
Old 09-03-2018, 09:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just wanted to update the thread since it's been a while. I bought a new evs exhaust and mated it with ballades step up hfc. I just installed it yesterday. It sounds really nice but I think it needs time to break in. I'll update later when I drive it more.

One thing I will note is the fitment of the exhaust. I feel like it is not centered in the bumper exhaust port properly (I have an ap2). It's leaning more towards the left side of the exhaust cut out as opposed to the center. I'm going to make a separate post about it later.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by dv55xc
Just wanted to update the thread since it's been a while. I bought a new evs exhaust and mated it with ballades step up hfc. I just installed it yesterday. It sounds really nice but I think it needs time to break in. I'll update later when I drive it more.

One thing I will note is the fitment of the exhaust. I feel like it is not centered in the bumper exhaust port properly (I have an ap2). It's leaning more towards the left side of the exhaust cut out as opposed to the center. I'm going to make a separate post about it later.
might just need to adjust the hangars a bit to get that nice fitment, i had to do the same for my t1r cuz it was touching the top of the bumper

Quick Reply: HKS Single vs EVS Tuning Single Exhaust