S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

HKS Single vs EVS Tuning Single Exhaust

Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont have dynos but i have owned all three metioned: js 70rs, hks single, and evs single. When i tuned with the js (with a supercharger), tuner told me to get a more “opened” exhaust. Thats what made me get the hks. Unfortunately didnt get to retune but i think the tuner is right and wouldve made a diference. I am currently using the evs, because as mentioned above, the hks was a bit louder. I felt it had a bit more drone tbh. With the evs, its much quieter at idle but really opens up nicely when you step on it. Currently i am running the evs catback with evs hfc with hks headers with the hks sc lol.

now with all that said, i do believe if you go with the hks, you will have more gains becaue it is a more bigger and free flowing exhaust. I dont think there is a substantial difference in weight between the exhausts so i wouldnt say that should play any factors. Hope i could add some help!
Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 PM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ksi8
Dont have dynos but i have owned all three metioned: js 70rs, hks single, and evs single. When i tuned with the js (with a supercharger), tuner told me to get a more “opened” exhaust. Thats what made me get the hks. Unfortunately didnt get to retune but i think the tuner is right and wouldve made a diference. I am currently using the evs, because as mentioned above, the hks was a bit louder. I felt it had a bit more drone tbh. With the evs, its much quieter at idle but really opens up nicely when you step on it. Currently i am running the evs catback with evs hfc with hks headers with the hks sc lol.

now with all that said, i do believe if you go with the hks, you will have more gains becaue it is a more bigger and free flowing exhaust. I dont think there is a substantial difference in weight between the exhausts so i wouldnt say that should play any factors. Hope i could add some help!
Could you describe the tonal differences between the J's and the HKS exhausts?
Old 05-22-2018, 05:44 AM

I want to say the js and hks and similar where they idle pretty deep and loud (not obnoxiously), and when you open up they are just loud. Drone is evident but i wouldnt say its unbearable

on the other hand, the evs exhaust has minima to mo drone (similar to a greddy sp/se, and is pretty quiet at idle. When you open it up, it opens up and has a nice throaty sound to it, imo. But of course every one will have their own opinions with the different exhausts
Old 05-23-2018, 04:51 AM

I want to say the js and hks and similar where they idle pretty deep and loud (not obnoxiously), and when you open up they are just loud. Drone is evident but i wouldnt say its unbearable

on the other hand, the evs exhaust has minima to mo drone (similar to a greddy sp/se, and is pretty quiet at idle. When you open it up, it opens up and has a nice throaty sound to it, imo. But of course every one will have their own opinions with the different exhausts
Thanks for the feedback especially between the J's and HKS systems.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

I was going to say look into the Berk catback since it is also a light, cheap, and not insanely loud single as I was in a similar situation and ordered one, but I just got an email stating that Berk is backordered for 2-3 months right now.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:06 PM

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

Appreciate the feedback on the EVS exhaust. Now that the Greddy SE is discontinued, we might be stuck with the EVS for this type of sound, without paying the $ for an amuse exhaust. I wish it fit better with the AP2 bumper, only reason I haven't pulled the trigger.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by ThreeD
Appreciate the feedback on the EVS exhaust. Now that the Greddy SE is discontinued, we might be stuck with the EVS for this type of sound, without paying the $ for an amuse exhaust. I wish it fit better with the AP2 bumper, only reason I haven't pulled the trigger.
Speaking of fitting better with the AP2 bumper, the Spoon N1 single makes an awesome sound but the tip is SO small...it doesn't nearly fill the hole in the AP2 bumper especially enough. That and they only produce it in 60mm piping which is great for NA but not so great for boost. I'd prefer if they offered a 70mm option as well. I'm really keen on the Spoon exhaust but would most probably go for the HKS Hi Power single as it fills all those requirements for me (sound, size, etc)
Old 05-28-2018, 08:41 AM

Ballade sports just released a new single 76mm exhaust
not too pricey, a little drone
Old 05-28-2018, 09:20 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

It looks significantly louder than anything mentioned in this far so far
Old 05-28-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkArsenic
Ballade sports just released a new single 76mm exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oatIW9oF1c
not too pricey, a little drone
I just saw this right now. Sounds like it's gonna be louder than the HKS exhaust. As a matter of fact it's basically an HKS clone. At that point I would rather buy the HKS. The only real benefit of buying this exhaust is probably the fact that you can buy their step up 3 inch hfc at a discounted price of you buy the exhaust. I would still love to hear it in person and see dyno figures.

Quick Reply: HKS Single vs EVS Tuning Single Exhaust