S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

increasing hp

Old 09-04-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really depends on what your looking to get out of the car. Is this going to be a daily driver? Track car? ect?

My personal favorite N/A modification would be gears. 4.56 or 4.77's are a great way to capitalize on the stock F20C. N/A cars are very hard to gain power out of unless your planning on running higher compression. On a mild DD, I'd run a Fujistubo Legalis R exhaust or J's 60RS. On a car you don't mind being louder, a 70RR or 70RS would be great. I really love J's products, but you can substitute in your own personal likings.

If your serious about getting the most out of your N/A power, then a AEM EMS is probably the best way to get the most out of every mod. Otherwise a VAFC would do the trick in terms of cost.

As for the flywheel, a 11-13 lb would be great on the street. Anything lighter wouldn't preform quite as well at freeway speeds and such. A 8 lb flywheel is pretty good for road racing. It really depends on what you want in terms of performance. But my #1 pick for N/A performance is gears. PuddyMod is a great guy to work with. Think of the diff as an early investment if you plan on driving the car hard. Use the search tool to see how many people have blown their diffs on S2Ki

Good luck, and there are plenty of guys in the FI forum that have a lot to contribute to both the N/A and FI sections.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Ok i need to add my 2 cents...........

I have had NUMEROUS cars, many of them being hondas and this whole bolt on for 15-20hp in nonsense. Exhaust being the biggest scam of them all. Most of the parts these guys have listed i.e; intake,exhaust,header are EXPENSIVE, for a decent exhaust system DECENT, your looking at well over a $1000, an intake will run u $200+ new, and will give u 1hp, an exhaust (minus the noise) 3hp on a good day. Gears are a good idea btw
On top of that, why would u buy an EMS to tune an intake and exhaust? Your talking $2000 if not more, for what? 20hp? My point being, i learned from buying NA bolt ons, and with all the money i ended up spending i could have been 3/4 way to a turbo kit. yes going turbo has its cons, and can be expensive, and yes eventually it all becomes a big f^#*% waste of money.
Not hating on NA guys, i love NA motors, but ur already hungry for power. At what point is your $1500 15hp (if even) investment going to not be enough anymore? Now your out $1k or more, and still want more power.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ap1_tot,Sep 3 2010, 01:17 PM
Hytech Header
SOS BB throttle body
HKS 75mm single
AEM V2
Okada Coils
AEM EMS

end of story.
Someone besides me uses okada's lol.......Such a scam i tell u
Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 PM

really?placebo effect?lol
Old 09-08-2010, 01:15 AM

Yea okada's in the simplest way to say it, use coilpacks from other cars the s2000's being from a k24 motor. If im correct it just basically gives a higher & longer pulsewidth then stock ones, but all they did was take k24 coils and put their name on them and sell them for $$$$$$$$
Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by RedLineS2k10,Sep 4 2010, 08:24 PM
Ok i need to add my 2 cents...........

I have had NUMEROUS cars, many of them being hondas and this whole bolt on for 15-20hp in nonsense. Exhaust being the biggest scam of them all. Most of the parts these guys have listed i.e; intake,exhaust,header are EXPENSIVE, for a decent exhaust system DECENT, your looking at well over a $1000, an intake will run u $200+ new, and will give u 1hp, an exhaust (minus the noise) 3hp on a good day. Gears are a good idea btw
On top of that, why would u buy an EMS to tune an intake and exhaust? Your talking $2000 if not more, for what? 20hp? My point being, i learned from buying NA bolt ons, and with all the money i ended up spending i could have been 3/4 way to a turbo kit. yes going turbo has its cons, and can be expensive, and yes eventually it all becomes a big f^#*% waste of money.
Not hating on NA guys, i love NA motors, but ur already hungry for power. At what point is your $1500 15hp (if even) investment going to not be enough anymore? Now your out $1k or more, and still want more power.
Everyone has their own opinion on what works for NA

I decent power producing exhaust for the S2k wont cost $1000..it will cost $600-700...AEM intake will cost $300..or about the same for K&N...

As for the test pipe...it netted me 1whp on my F20c with I/E...but it was worth it to get rid of the annoying exhaust drone.

headers.....we have shown that the OEM is hard to beat once you add EMS.....with out EMS you can gain 5-10whp over stock

As for max whp for bolt ons....we have seen 235whp on our dyno..which is roughly 20-25whp on the DBW cars.....

Tuning doesn't really add peak, but makes a ton in the mid range by allowing VTEC to go as low as 3500rpm.......

AEM EMS/Hondata KPRO/Flash Pro.....worth every penny and should be the first mod for any serious build NA or FI......

I for one, want more NA power for track days...225whp would be awesome out of my F20c..and still super reliable... To me FI is not an option for a car that sees at least 500 miles a week of harsh street driving and 75-100 track miles a month.....

my 2 cents

Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM

Ok to join the discussion. It seems plenty of people only focus on peak power. They forget the whole power band. Intakes, Exhaust can net people some nice midrange gains and at times top end. It all depends what you are trying to do with your car.

No one should have even responded to the OP. He was to broad in his question.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy your parts used

injen intake cost me $50
greedy filter $5 new at greddy fest
k&n fiintake free with car
spoon exhuast + tespipe w/silenser $350
okada project coil pack free, came with car
toda header $500 maybe, pending
Old 09-11-2010, 01:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive seen used parts here and cl for cheap