S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

InlinePro F24C - who has dynos?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default InlinePro F24C - who has dynos?

I searched on s2ki and the web and couldn't find actual owner dynos of InlinePro's F24C setup. The only owner dynos I've seen for InlinePro's F-series setups is fulken's 88mm bore / 106mm stroke setup (2.57L) which is much larger than the F24C. InlinePro claims the F24C setup which seems to be essentially a lightly worked head (valve job, valve train) and 2.4L stroker kit to make 250+whp and 190wtq. This seems high since independent 2.4L setups I've found info on dyno around 220whp and fulken's much larger 2.57L setup with light headwork and Stage 3 cams only makes about 15whp more. InlinePro shows a dyno of the F24C kit compared to a stock F20C and the F20C was almost 202whp which seems a bit high (most F20Cs I've seen get about 190whp), so perhaps the dyno they use reads a bit high. Regardless, even if it's 240whp, that's 20whp more than other 2.4L setups I've seen. Do the valve job and 12.5CR (I assume it's higher than that of the independently user made 2.4L setups) make up the 20whp? Seems a lot to me for just those items.

I'm interested in InlinePro's F24C setup, but with InlinePro's numbers seeming a bit high and difficult for me to believe that they make 250+whp with just a stroker, bit higher CR, valve job and stock cams, I'd like to see what actual owners have dyno'd (of course, include the dyno you used).

I'd actually rather not incur the cost of resleeving the block, so I'm more looking at their F24 stroker setup with Mahle pistons and Stage 1 head. I'm not sure if the Stage 1 head is the same or comparable to the headwork on the F24C kit though. It seems it's cheaper to do the F24 Mahle stroker with stage 1 head and get the ARP head studs and a few other items listed in the F24C kit than to buy the F24C kit itself plus the cost to resleeve to run the InlinePro pistons.

So any actual dynos of your InlinePro F24C (whether it's their F24C kit or using the separate parts from their catalog to make your F24C) and other info you can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll have mine together soon, just waiting on the head to come back. It's going to be built with a new k24 crank, inline pro rods, mahle pistons, RLZ cnc ported head and bc3 cams. The only reason I'm using the mahle pistons is because I had a customer that needed a custom bore size (87.5mm). When we do custom sizes I have to buy 2 sets, so after they sat on the shelf for a few months I decided to use them.. its hard for me to sell a set of $800 pistons and tell you its a good thing to do. Since they went way up on their prices this year so it costs almost the same to do a dry sleeve with wiseco pistons as it does to use mahle pistons in the stock bores.

One of my old 2.2 liter motors made 230hp on stock cams... I'd expect to see 20 more hp by doing nothing else but changing the bottom end.

Also keep in mind that the intake manifold holds these things back quite a bit.

I cant speak for their dyno, but on my dyno ap1's are all over the place.. At my last dyno day I put 4 ap1's all mostly stock on the dyno, they ranged from 177hp to 208hp
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

106mm is 2.7L
Old 08-10-2013, 07:22 AM

Looking forward to your results wadzii.

Justin: 90mm bore with 106mm stroke is 2.7L. Fulken is running 88mm bore and InlinePro doesn't recommend 90mm bore for Street.

I misread their F24C kit. I thought it used standard pistons and required resleeving, but it actually includes FRM sleeves.
Still the price seems higher than buying the F24C stroker with mahle pistons, a stage 2 head which seems to match the head provided with the engine kit package, and parts like the head studs, bearings, oil pump and tct separately and have the block and head put together at a shop. Seems there's about $700 of labor added that I can't account for, and this is assuming the long block comes fully assembled, which is what I'm assuming with the F24C engine package.

Trying to cost things all out while substantiating InlinePro's output claims.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I could go to 89mm, but I wanted to leave some room for "future" builds.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know how I forgot that
Old 08-10-2013, 12:13 PM

Old 08-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Thanks Kial! Are you on stock cams? What do the dotted lines represent?...previous tune? Would you mind giving a roigh cost for your F24C setup with labor (assuming you did not build it yourself)? Thank you.

I'm in cali so need to run in 91 octane. What's the highest CR to safely run on 91 considering it hits triple digit temps in the summer here?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:59 PM

also interested in this. i have a rod knock, so i need to rebuild and would like to stroker it.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question...but could a 2.4L stroker (or even larger stroker like fulken's 2.57L) be tuned well on a Greddy E-Manage Ultimate?

I understand not being cheap on the management portion, but in an effort to reduce cost of this type of project ($1800 EMS w/o tuning costs is big), it's something I'd like to consider if it will work well for a street driven car. I understand the tuning flexibility via a full standalone EMS would likely yield more gains, but if the difference is a few whp, I'd be fine giving up a few whp to save $1000+ in total project cost. My main goal is more torque (and power) from a dead start and all the way through the rev range. While I may visit the track occasionally, it is primarily a street car that I just want to enjoy (until my kids grow up and I kick them out of the house and turn my S into a track whore).

Thanks (or if I should post this question in a more appropriate thread that discusses EMS for strokers, please let me know).

Quick Reply: InlinePro F24C - who has dynos?