S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/)
-   -   ITB info thread for newbs (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/itb-info-thread-newbs-686367/)

fishs2000 04-03-2009 01:42 PM

ITB info thread for newbs

Ive done some research and I think this thread may be useful to some less mechanically inclined S owners. Hopefully some of the questiosn below can get answered easily with no flaming.

Mostly aimed at Jenvey's ITB's.

To start; lets start off with the basics:

Itemized list of parts included with the kit?

Itemized list of parts needed to buy in order to install the kit?

48mm or 50mm, does the 50mm mean more HP?

With a good tune, what are consistent HP / TQ gains throughout the power band?

What are MAX. Hp /Tq gains we can expect with 48mm and 50mm respectively?

A little more technical.........

Purpose / function of the map sensor (since this is a subject for ITB install)?

Purpose / function of TPS?

Vaccum Lines - Size - material - lengths - isntallation?

Vaccum Block? Purpose and function?

That should have everything covered for now. If I missed anything...someone let me know and I can edit it. I will update the thread with all the answers to each question with everyone's input.

Again, no flamers, this is just as simple one step, one thread go to area where newbies, such as myself, can become more familiar with the ITB system and its requirements.

Cheers,

Moddiction 04-03-2009 02:19 PM

There is already an official ITB thread....

HvRRZ 04-03-2009 05:17 PM

please check through the stickies before posting things :)

fishs2000 04-03-2009 06:10 PM

^^^^ to the both of you.......I would rather you read my post heading. "One step ONE STOP".....as in EASY AND QUICK thread to get all the answers you need / want. With everyones input I will update the thread with all the answers. That way anyone looking for the info can see everythign they need to know on ONE page, rather then sift through 8 or 9 to get all the answers they are looking for........which are also not in the "Official ITB thread"

HvRRZ 04-04-2009 07:51 AM

um thats the whole point of the official thread. it gets updated as information comes with everything your asking, and on top of that it has visuals, and reviews from members who have them and have experience with them...including the changes they experience in terms of power.

Moddiction 04-04-2009 08:04 AM

Yeah no use for this thread. OP just post up what your looking for or research it and post it so it can be addded to the beginning of the official thread if you want it there..

fishs2000 04-04-2009 09:14 AM

^^ So you guys are trying to tell me that all the information / questions I have posted above are answered in the "Official Thread". How long has it been since the last time you have been on that thread? Because half the questions above are not answered or confirmed in the official thread. Have a look for yourself. Also....I dont think your listening......ONE PAGE....with all the answers. Most people do a search, find the thread....see its 8 - 10 pages long and dont bother sifting through all the pages. Then they make a thread of their own asking a question that IS probably answered in the official thread, however they just didnt want to take the time to go through all the pages to find it.

This is a simpler easier tool thread to get all the answers on ONE page. What dont you guys understand about that?? It will help prevent on going threads from ppl too lazy to go through all the pages and posts. :lightblb:

Moddiction 04-04-2009 09:21 AM

So why not do the research and then ask it to be to be updated on the officla itb thread. That is the point of that thread for people to add to it and make it the best thread for itb info. I don't think anyone is going to see this and decide to do all the searching for you and make a list of it all. There is a huge head start already in the official itb thread. Needs more info but a good base already.

fishs2000 04-04-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Apr 4 2009, 07:51 AM
um thats the whole point of the official thread. it gets updated as information comes with everything your asking, and on top of that it has visuals, and reviews from members who have them and have experience with them...including the changes they experience in terms of power.

If thats the point of the official thread, then by all means.....update your thread with answers to all my questions I have posted above!

Official thread does not: -Tell new commers if 50mm makes more HP then 48mm
-Give an itemized list of parts you will need to purchase
and or thier PURPOSE such as vaccum lines, vaccum
block and TPS
-Does not have itemized list of all parts included in each
kit either

Maybe it could be updated with a list of ITB owners and the gains each one got from their ITB set up as well??

Moddiction 04-04-2009 09:33 AM

Well I just don't think that anyone wants to do ALL the research for you so you might not have someone break it down to the smallest detail for you. Would be nice but I bet to get all the answers how you want it you would have to do the research and then share it with everyone else rather than ask someone to do it for you.