S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

J's racing 70rs single

Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's racing 70rs single

I'm ordering one soon. I've looked all through the forums for HQ pictures/video of the stainless single.. Everything that I find is either crap quality or reviews of the 70rr/rs dual. Found a few write ups on the full ti versions too, but nothing really on the 70rs stainless single. Does anyone have any info on it? Pics? Vids? Links? I'd like to see anything really.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What exactly do you want to know? I have extensive experience with both a 60RS and 70RR. The 70RS is in a weird dead zone where it's not quite race loud like a 70RR, but it's not as quiet as a 60RS when you're cruising.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
What exactly do you want to know? I have extensive experience with both a 60RS and 70RR. The 70RS is in a weird dead zone where it's not quite race loud like a 70RR, but it's not as quiet as a 60RS when you're cruising.

Well, I read that early production J's had shotty weld quality. Has that been resolved? I'm used to the Invidia N1 dual with a 70mm test pipe which is stupid loud. I've heard the RR is really loud as well. That's what caught my eye when it came to the RS, since its resonated I figured it wouldn't be as loud. I would like to get an idea of how loud the single is going to be.. But as I said, there really aren't any high quality videos of the RS online. Not that I've found anyway.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MSBx03
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1364569728' post='22436975

Well, I read that early production J's had shotty weld quality. Has that been resolved? I'm used to the Invidia N1 dual with a 70mm test pipe which is stupid loud. I've heard the RR is really loud as well. That's what caught my eye when it came to the RS, since its resonated I figured it wouldn't be as loud. I would like to get an idea of how loud the single is going to be.. But as I said, there really aren't any high quality videos of the RS online. Not that I've found anyway.
No video will ever convey the sound. It'll be loud at WOT. It can be quieted down to almost nothing with proper throttle modulation at cruising speeds. The RS and RR will be almost the same volume at WOT with a test pipe.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Definitely understand the whole gotta hear it in person thing. Is there a lot of drone with it? Thats one of the reasons I got rid of my Invidia.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM

No drone. Just plain LOUD with the 70RR.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the stainless rs single. Expect it to be loud, mine drones with a testpipe though its no invidia. I'll upload some vids for you on youtube but I wont leave them active on there for long. I'll post back once theyre up.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:26 PM

70rs single with a 63mm berk test pipe. Same road, same run.

Top down, stock gearing, gopro mounted on trunk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCVu04lChs

Mugen rep cf hardtop, richmond 4.56 gears, camera mounted upside down inside hardtop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-Q1M99iw8

I'll leave em up for a day or two.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 4wheelsoffury
I have the stainless rs single. Expect it to be loud, mine drones with a testpipe though its no invidia. I'll upload some vids for you on youtube but I wont leave them active on there for long. I'll post back once theyre up.
Nice!!! I appreciate it man, that's exactly what I was looking for. Sounds great. Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with the exhaust? How the welds looked, how long you've had it, ect..?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MSBx03
Originally Posted by 4wheelsoffury' timestamp='1364609560' post='22438284
Nice!!! I appreciate it man, that's exactly what I was looking for. Sounds great. Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with the exhaust? How the welds looked, how long you've had it, ect..?
The sound quality of the gopro is very accurate. Sounds exactly like what it does in car minus wind noise. I've had the exhaust for maybe a year now? The welds are beautiful and are probably arguably the best i've seen on a non-mass produced exhaust. I dont have any pictures specifically of the welds though lol. I think the bit you were hearing about the early models having problems was the packing in the resonator coming loose which of course is no longer an issue.

Brand new out of the wrapping.

Quick Reply: J's racing 70rs single