S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

just found out about the NA forum subsection...

Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just found out about the NA forum subsection...

was just posting on another thread and realized there was a new NA forum. that's a great idea. so many threads were between modifications/jdm tuning that would've been better suited if a NA section existed. maybe there's a chance for nitrous section too?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IBTL
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

nitrous?? on a s2k?? think long and hard about that one.... I've heard some pretty nasty stories about s2ks & nitrous systems...
Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 PM

Lets not get overbored with the forums lol. We now have the modifications forum, na forum, and FI forum. So if everything thats na goes here, and FI goes to the FI forum. Whats left for the modifications forum? IMO the NA and FI forum should be sub-forums in the modifications forum.

As for nitrous, thats considered a form of forced induction. And not enough people use it on here to actually make another forum.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by funat9000rpm,Sep 22 2008, 11:34 AM
nitrous?? on a s2k?? think long and hard about that one.... I've heard some pretty nasty stories about s2ks & nitrous systems...
as long as it is set up correctly and properly TUNED it shouldn't be a problem. a nitrous forum would help educate the s2ooo community...

there are actually a lot of members that had nitrous setups but later upgraded to FI. a lot of them are still members here.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13,Sep 22 2008, 12:02 PM
Lets not get overbored with the forums lol. We now have the modifications forum, na forum, and FI forum. So if everything thats na goes here, and FI goes to the FI forum. Whats left for the modifications forum? IMO the NA and FI forum should be sub-forums in the modifications forum.

As for nitrous, thats considered a form of forced induction. And not enough people use it on here to actually make another forum.
mainly i'd like to have the big three NA, nitrous, and FI for the performance section. i don't think nitrous should be lumped in with FI. like the 4.77s 99% of the people with negative opinions never had 'em and the same goes for the people with negative view points on nitrous. people that have had bad experience need to share what they learned along with the ones that had success to add to the enrichment of the knowledge pool so that we all can evaluate what route to take with our cars. it may seem a tad overboard but forums like clubrsx are nicely laid out...
Old 09-22-2008, 05:08 PM

WOOOHOOO THANK god for this forum ...err i mean S2ki mods
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

cool! i'll be checking in here often. Despite my sig picture, i am not FI anymore!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by s2k aok,Sep 22 2008, 08:09 PM
mainly i'd like to have the big three NA, nitrous, and FI for the performance section. i don't think nitrous should be lumped in with FI. like the 4.77s 99% of the people with negative opinions never had 'em and the same goes for the people with negative view points on nitrous. people that have had bad experience need to share what they learned along with the ones that had success to add to the enrichment of the knowledge pool so that we all can evaluate what route to take with our cars. it may seem a tad overboard but forums like clubrsx are nicely laid out...
Nitrous = Forcing air into the engine... which IS forced induction.

Its not that people dont understand nitrous, although that is true. Its just that nitrous is mainly for drag racing (short sudden burst of power). And to be honest theres a very low percentage of people that drag the S2000 for good reason. Most people autocross/track their car. Nitrous is horrible in these types of races since a sudden surge of 70whp post-apex will send you into a spin quick.

I used to run nitrous on my old integra. Worked great, but I drag raced the car.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM

S2000 NA Forum, this is good. Now we can talk about how to squeeze every drop of HP for our F series engine.

Subscribing

Quick Reply: just found out about the NA forum subsection...