S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Level 7 Motorsport Intake ~ New Intake ~ Great Gains

Old 09-26-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the giant logo, it is actually serving a purpose, its not just there for looks, the logo is another area for air to enter the box from the top

if you were tune the intake what would you put it up against, the test we did was basically for the guy who just wanted to upgrade from oem with a oem ecu, just shoot me a pm brian and we can work something out.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 PM

I understand the function of the logo cutouts but as far as the asthetics,it's a bit overwhelming. If I performs as advertised I would buy it regardless, but I think you could get even more buyers with a small logo cutout and some slots or something
Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by crxfornow
for the giant logo, it is actually serving a purpose, its not just there for looks, the logo is another area for air to enter the box from the top

if you were tune the intake what would you put it up against, the test we did was basically for the guy who just wanted to upgrade from oem with a oem ecu, just shoot me a pm brian and we can work something out.
What do you think about integrating a slot for it to become more compatible with the AUT Cooling plate (the one ur test car has in the pictures)
Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Also, that stock S2000 reads curiously low on the dyno.
Dyno Dynamics dynos read curiously low.. And that's what they used..
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 AM

Doesnt really matter if the dyno reads low, it still serves as a baseline to show gains.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
Doesnt really matter if the dyno reads low, it still serves as a baseline to show gains.
100% right BUT dyno's can be tampered with to skew the overall numbers. I'm not pointing fingers but it's HIGHLY unlikely that an intake by itself would show gains across the whole RPM range. Let alone, that big of gains.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

I like the setup, but I won't run anything else than an oem air filter, I don't believe the hype of other aftermarket filters and it is my belief that nothing filters as well as the oem air filter. Can your air box be used with the oem air filter, if so I'm interested.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Im with the few others saying that the baseline was too low. The only person Ive seen on this forum that had dyno numbers in the 170s stock was crying and asking what was wrong with his car

Originally Posted by H22toF20
100% right BUT dyno's can be tampered with to skew the overall numbers. I'm not pointing fingers but it's HIGHLY unlikely that an intake by itself would show gains across the whole RPM range. Let alone, that big of gains.

This is my best guess as well.

Also, about the logo being functional on the top. I know the K&N FIPK is enclosed when the hood is shut, this looks similar in size to the FIPK, just closed up, so with the hood down I doubt much air would be getting sucked in from the top there.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another observation, is the intake tubing near the manifold bottle necking? Never heard of / read anything about intake bottle necking, but I know its terrible for exhausts, I cant see going from big to small in the direction of airflow in an intake being any good / as efficient as a uniform sized tube
Old 09-28-2011, 09:12 AM

Maybe the dyno wasn't tampered with, but maybe the stock filter was completely dirty.
Let's see a new stock dyno test with a new filter.

Where is Southern IL are you located?
I know of a few dynos on the MO side if you are close.
My car has an Injen intake I would be willing to test against.