S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

My reviews plus Dyno Tune with Flashpro

Old 04-05-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My reviews plus Dyno Tune with Flashpro

I picked up my S last year in August, its an 06 with 10k for miles. I got to drive it for a couple months before having to store her for the winter. Just took her out about a month ago and changed all the fluids and install parts that have been waiting over the winter months. It now has 16k for miles and I am loving the car more everyday.

All pictures were taken with iphone4 with the sun down so sorry for the crappy pictures.

Comptech or CT engineering: 1 month driving

Install: Took forever, the most PITA intake I had ever had to install. I owned a Comptech ice box on my rsx and the fitment was perfect and their other parts are normally perfect fitment but for some reason the intake for the S is not so good. I did read up on the intake as much as I could and I found that with some people the intake rubs but after a month of driving city and highways I dont hear a single thing. The instruction says I would have to file down the hood prop and maybe bend the middle to get the hood prop to work but I didnt need to do that. I did see that the plastic part of the hood prop starting to rub on the carbon fiber so I ghetto rigged it and just put electric tape under that part, I took a picture of it.

Review: I love this intake. It is quiet but when you give it a little more gas the sound is just amazing, the look of the intake is also nice. It looks like it belongs there, if it wasnt for the carbon fiber cover it could pass as a stock intake. From a butt dyno stand point I can tell that it pulls just a bit harder and revs a bit quicker. It was this or the K&N FIPK and I'm happy I chose comptech over the K&N. IMO it looks more nice and the shield helps lower the intake temp, dont know how much of a difference that would make over the K&N though I'm assuming virtually nothing.

Name:  ct_intake.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  ct_cover.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  114.6 KB

Swift SpecR: 1 month driving

Install: install was straight forward, didnt take long at all thanks to the sticky.

Review: It is definitely lower, I scrapped a couple times but it was just from the from mud flap thing. I normally take a certain hairpin corner at about 30mph and the rear end tends to slide out a bit but after these springs I could hit it a lot harder but the car tends to understeer more. I figured the better handling came from the rear having more negative camber from the drop. After a couple days I took it to get an alignment to bring it back to stock specs, went back to the hairpin corner that I drive through every night and I still could take the corner faster but it doesnt understeer anymore. The rear end still slides out like how it does in stock form but the limit is a tad bit higher. The ride feels like stock but when you hit a bump in the road you can tell that its a lot stiffer.

Name:  swift_sideshot.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  102.3 KB

Rears

Name:  swift_rear.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  77.6 KB

Fronts

Name:  swift_front.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  77.8 KB

Front bumper

Name:  swift_front_bumper.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  189.5 KB

PLM Header is Test pipe: Header 3 weeks driving, Test pipe 1 day driving

Install: was straight forward but had problems with taking off the stock heat shield. Having a 02 remover socket tool helps quite a bit in removing those. One problem I was pissed with PLM is that the bottom of the header that goes into the test pipe was slightly bent. I couldnt even get the spacer and the donut gasket to slide on the header without having to bend and bash the damn thing straight. It took me about 30-40 minutes just to get that damn thing in.

Review: The car did sound louder, it had a more mean rumble when I give it more gas but under full throttle it sound almost the same since majority of what I could hear was the intake. I didnt feel any gains from my butt dyno but the weight from the PLM compared to stock was night and day. I cant believe the stock header weigh that much. After putting on the test pipe yesterday I can feel a gain from it. The test pipe made my stock exhaust sound louder and under full throttle it sounds like I almost have a aftermarket system.

Name:  plm.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  103.6 KB

Hondata FlashPro: 1 day

Review: I love the midrange that the car gained and I was surprised that my tuner was able to get more out of the car than I thought it had. I was hoping for 210 since I have a stock exhaust but he got it up to 218(rounded up lmao). I was disappointed with my baseline though I figured it would of been closer to 210 but it came in at 203. He drop the VTAK crossover to 4100 and I believe rev limit is at about 8400.

Name:  dyno1.jpg
Views: 1755
Size:  114.1 KB

Name:  dyno2.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  72.9 KB
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great gains, I hate how lean the AP2's run at the VTEC cross-over. Put a 3" header back on this thing and redyno.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 AM

Did you get 70mm TP from PLM or just conventional 60/63.5mm TP ?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by H22toF20
Great gains, I hate how lean the AP2's run at the VTEC cross-over. Put a 3" header back on this thing and redyno.
Any suggestions on a quiet one? I have the I'm getting old syndrome and with the top down I dont want anything loud.

Originally Posted by 3r1k
Did you get 70mm TP from PLM or just conventional 60/63.5mm TP ?
I believe it was the conventional one. I got it during the black friday sale and it came free with the test pipe.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing 3" is going to be too quiet.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 PM

Exactly why i just bought a UEGO before i get this header and my HKS 75mm. I really like the review, i am planning on getting the PLM as i don't feel like blowing 1500 on another one. Great gains and i definitely like the torque curve. I give it Two Thumbs up.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why does your front sit lower than the rear? if they spec-r's lower 1.25" all around, shouldn't it be the same?

or is that a pic of it when you just installed it and by now it settled correctly? if so, pic of the current state?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Great numbers especially with the dyno dynamics, they read really low. I just ordered mine. Did you pay $450 for the headers and the test pipe. Thats how much I got them for. Also they said they are not coated with nitrate and its just brushed stainless steel. Is that what you have and in the picture?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by caleb2483
why does your front sit lower than the rear? if they spec-r's lower 1.25" all around, shouldn't it be the same?

or is that a pic of it when you just installed it and by now it settled correctly? if so, pic of the current state?
I dont know why its like that. It should of settled correctly since I preload the springs and made sure everything was done right. This is probably my 10th suspension install. I wonder if the stock S front is lower than the rear. I'll look more into that. I will take a better picture later in the light with a real camera instead of the iphone.

Originally Posted by eumylove
Great numbers especially with the dyno dynamics, they read really low. I just ordered mine. Did you pay $450 for the headers and the test pipe. Thats how much I got them for. Also they said they are not coated with nitrate and its just brushed stainless steel. Is that what you have and in the picture?
yes it is the brushed SS. I believe I got it cheaper than that, It was the Black friday special.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so that pic is with the spec-r preloaded? mmm interesting...

i have a 07 gpw with similar mods as yours... and i installed the swifts sports springs last year (went back and forth with sports vs spec r) which im very happy with. but i always kept wondering if i should have gotten the stiffer spec-r and lowering the same height. so your pics, especially the measurement really surprised me..

w/sports... i have 2.5 finger gap in the front and 2 finger gap in the rear, but you can't tell too much in difference without a indept look.

if you can take some more pics of your car that would be cool~

Quick Reply: My reviews plus Dyno Tune with Flashpro