S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

New US-built S2000 Heads???

Old 04-26-2019, 01:00 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default New US-built S2000 Heads???

I was thumbing around and found this: https://dragcartel.com/collections/c...-bespoke-heads

Apparently by Endyn through Drag Cartel. I have no idea if its NA only but imagine it is fine on an FI engine.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

This is a great option for NA drag cars, super high hp turbo or people who cannot find a core. I spoke to Larry (after I had purchased a ported OEM head from him) and he said it was not worth upgrading to the new castings based on my planned setup which was a Spoon block, his ported head and Toda cams.

I think this makes sense for more "normal" K series owners since you can fit a larger port in an OEM F series casting than you can in a K casting.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been following endyne since he start the development on these, funny guys on FB would always ask price and he would not answer. Lolololol But man the work and engineering alone is worth the price tag. But I don't know if it's worth it for the average build.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by S2000Craig
I've been following endyne since he start the development on these, funny guys on FB would always ask price and he would not answer. Lolololol But man the work and engineering alone is worth the price tag. But I don't know if it's worth it for the average build.
There have been some questions on the forum about Endyne built quality, which makes the sole distribution through Drag Cartel interesting. 4P has a billet head with no water passages. This head is about $1200 more than a Drag Cartel head on Honda casting. A new bare S2000 head is about $2000 according to the parts catalog.

I'd love to know how it compares to the 4P heads, both in flow and powerband.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:10 PM

Talking

endyne post pics of the cores coming in but I have not seen anybody post anything about these heads I would love to know. But I only heard nothing but the GOOD things from 4piston only time will tell if these endyne heads are magic.
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
There have been some questions on the forum about Endyne built quality, which makes the sole distribution through Drag Cartel interesting. 4P has a billet head with no water passages. This head is about $1200 more than a Drag Cartel head on Honda casting. A new bare S2000 head is about $2000 according to the parts catalog.

I'd love to know how it compares to the 4P heads, both in flow and powerband.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:04 AM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

They're not going to be "magic"....but based on my short conversation with Larry, these will certainly provide an edge for extreme motor setups like all-out NA Drag motors or extremely high-hp turbocharged motors. They will also provide an option for those who cannot procure an OEM core.

For people with a street car, the benefit for the F series will likely be the ability to add more compression without changing pistons, or to increase airflow velocity which should fatten up the midrange some. However, remember that Larry's opinion was that a CNC'd OEM casting from him would be the best all around option for my car, which was a stock F22 block + cams and pump gas.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by awhit17
They're not going to be "magic"....but based on my short conversation with Larry, these will certainly provide an edge for extreme motor setups like all-out NA Drag motors or extremely high-hp turbocharged motors. They will also provide an option for those who cannot procure an OEM core.

For people with a street car, the benefit for the F series will likely be the ability to add more compression without changing pistons, or to increase airflow velocity which should fatten up the midrange some. However, remember that Larry's opinion was that a CNC'd OEM casting from him would be the best all around option for my car, which was a stock F22 block + cams and pump gas.
Will they even be as good as a regular 4 Piston, Inline Pro, Prayoonto, or even Drag Cartel head? I don't recall seeing people running out the door to buy Endyn heads. On the other hand 4Piston, InlinePro, Prayoonto, and Drag Cartel all have some cars out there. That the head is sold by Drag Cartel caught my attention.

4Piston has a billet head for NA drag applications. Huge valves. No water jacket.

This head has OEM valves. They mention an exhaust side air bleed from the water jacket. Is this a common problem? I'm used to small-block Chevy's where drilling and tapping the rear of the head on the intake manifold side is the norm for an air bleed. Is this also done to Hondas? I've never seen it mentioned.

Another part talks about quench pads. Is this a known K-series/F-series issue? Minimally it should require custom pistons that matched the quench pad on the head.

A third part talks about raised intake valve spring seat to allow for making a taller intake port. This has always been a feature on some pushrod V8 heads. But it virtually always requires a matching intake manifold. If the seat is raised does that require a longer valve? How much taller valve can the rocker handle? Does this mean custom valves, a custom intake manifold, and possibly custom pistons requiring the head to be sent to piston manufacturer for 3D measurements?
Old 05-08-2019, 02:40 PM

We will find out how good the heads are in time they are dominating sales right now, this is Coming from Endyn FB page.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by S2000Craig
We will find out how good the heads are in time they are dominating sales right now, this is Coming from Endyn FB page.
If it was just Endyn I don't think it would be a big factor. However, they are sold exclusively by Drag Cartel.

Note, in the small-block Chevy and Ford world aftermarket heads are the norm, not the exception. Even the OEM race heads are for practical purposes aftermarket heads. Oval track rules often stipulate the Dart or World Product head that is allowed. Dart even makes an angle milled (from 23° to 21°) 49cc small-block Chevy head to fit 12:1 compression rules common in late model stock car racing.