S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/)
-   -   Next mod (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/next-mod-706602/)

STAIN 06-10-2009 10:29 PM

Next mod

Hi guys, just want to get some ideas of mods to do, just occasional driving & occasional track use, staying N/A.. any recommended mods?

Current mods

-18inch Rota D2's
-Falken FK 452 Tyres
-Invidia 70mm Dual Exhaust V3
-Mugen header
-High flow cat
-Lowered H&R springs 1-inch
-T1R driveshaft spacers
-CF hood oem style
-K&N FIPK
-Cooling plate
-Cusco brake stopper
-Cusco Strut bar
-Greddy Ultimate ECU
-NGK IRIDIUM IX SPARK PLUGS BKR8EIX
-J's Racing thermostat
-J's Racing fan switch
-KW V3 Coilovers

ans2k 06-10-2009 11:43 PM

aut cooling plate would help when tracking the car, a tuning unit; aem, greddy, k-pro. hum, test pipe, short shifter, 8 pound flywheel, better brake pads, gears and i guess i replace all the valve springs and retainer bc of your avatar pic. lol just kidding nice pic, btw how did you get yours to say "999" mine only does "288?"

ans2k 06-10-2009 11:43 PM

ap2 transmission for shorter gearing.

STAIN 06-10-2009 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by ans2k,Jun 11 2009, 05:43 PM
aut cooling plate would help when tracking the car, a tuning unit; aem, greddy, k-pro. hum, test pipe, short shifter, 8 pound flywheel, better brake pads, gears and i guess i replace all the valve springs and retainer bc of your avatar pic. lol just kidding nice pic, btw how did you get yours to say "999" mine only does "288?"

Will a computer help me allot even with the parts I have, wouldn't the stock ecu adjust its settings for the intake & headers?

Forgot I had a cooling plate and high flow cat... added to the list... how did I get it to say 999 lol photoshop of course :)

Better brakes is an idea. :thumbup:

ans2k 06-11-2009 08:29 AM

a computer will definitely help! not sure what you are asking about the stock ecu? yes, the stock ecu will adjust itself to the intake and HEADER, singular :LOL:, but in the bad way. with the stock ecu you wont be able to get a lot of whp from the intake and header. to get the most out of the bolt-ons, exhaust, high flow cat, intake, and if you get one, header; you will need to get a tuning unit. you could go all out and get a k-pro or aem ems, a step down would be greddy ultimate, a step down from that would be a vfac.

also something nice to have would be coilovers.

AngryTurtle 06-11-2009 11:33 AM

rear gears.

05APdeuce 06-11-2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by STAIN,Jun 10 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi guys, just want to get some ideas of mods to do, just occasional driving & occasional track use, staying N/A.. any recommended engine mods?

Current mods

-18inch Rota D2's
-Invidia Exhaust
-Mugen headers
-High flow cat
-Lowered H&R springs
-T1R driveshaft spacers
-CF hood oem style
-K&N FIPK
-Cooling place
-Cusco brake stopper
-Cusco Strut bar

Whoever sold you those mugen headers seen you coming, because you only needed to buy one. :D

EVAN&MONICA 06-11-2009 02:46 PM

^ :LOL: beat me to it

STAIN 06-11-2009 04:25 PM

Aren't you guys a bunch of comedians aye lol.

Computer - sounds good, where's a good place to start looking, im not going turbo or supercharge does this mean high end AEM's ECU are not good for me, im not into spending heaps on a computer, just maybe something that will suit my needs and maybe further minor mods, not something overkill...

And coilovers is on the wish list.. :)

EVAN&MONICA 06-11-2009 04:43 PM

:LOL:
well IMO with the mods youve got I think a VAFC tune would do well enough especially since you said you dont want to spend a lot of money on a computer

Of course if youve got the money and dont mind spending it something more advanced (AEM, K-Pro etc.) would be more advantageous for tuning ;)