S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

OBX ITB and Jenvey Kit comparison

Old 10-30-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom Bounty
In conclusion, does the OBX ITB kit contain everything I need to convert my car to ITB's or do I require a new ECU/tune, and various items such a a new throttle cable/mount, injectors, fuel pump, etc, etc?
No the OBX ITB kit does not contain everything you need. You will need a EMS like AEM, Haltech, or KPro, you will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and custom fuel lines at a minimum.

ITBs are not going to give you really any crazy power. The 90% solution is literally a test pipe, EMS, and tune. You'll spend thousands of dollars chasing 10-15hp going down the NA route. You can do a bolt on greddy kit, literally everything you need for 2500-3000. Theres like 2 of these kits already for sale right now in the s2ki marketplace. And they will put down easily 50-75 whp all day over any ITB setup on a stock F series motor.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
No the OBX ITB kit does not contain everything you need. You will need a EMS like AEM, Haltech, or KPro, you will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and custom fuel lines at a minimum.

ITBs are not going to give you really any crazy power. The 90% solution is literally a test pipe, EMS, and tune. You'll spend thousands of dollars chasing 10-15hp going down the NA route. You can do a bolt on greddy kit, literally everything you need for 2500-3000. Theres like 2 of these kits already for sale right now in the s2ki marketplace. And they will put down easily 50-75 whp all day over any ITB setup on a stock F series motor.

ITBs will make power..... when sized correctly and paired with the right supporting mods, IE cams and header. The OBX and Jenvey ITBs are sized too small for the F20/22. Hawyward makes a 60mm kit that I may try, as does OMEX (not to be confused with OBX). When it comes to making power, forced induction is definitely the "easy" button, but it's certainly not for everyone, including myself.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy grave dig, 7 years ago I started this thread.....
Old 10-31-2018, 03:29 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
ITBs will make power..... when sized correctly and paired with the right supporting mods, IE cams and header. The OBX and Jenvey ITBs are sized too small for the F20/22. Hawyward makes a 60mm kit that I may try, as does OMEX (not to be confused with OBX). When it comes to making power, forced induction is definitely the "easy" button, but it's certainly not for everyone, including myself.
You are better off buying a well designed intake manifold similar to what Ian had on his K25. Custom plenum and runners with velocity stacks that taper. See here https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ None of that Junk2 manifold shit though.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
You are better off buying a well designed intake manifold similar to what Ian had on his K25. Custom plenum and runners with velocity stacks that taper. See here https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ None of that Junk2 manifold shit though.
That's certainly an option as well. Agreed on Skunk2 being Junk2.