Opinions on the F20 Powerplant - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Opinions on the F20 Powerplant

Old 12-19-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nicaraguense13 View Post
Originally Posted by Nand01' timestamp='1387290528' post='22926504
Welcome, and i would say look into what category you want to track your car at and mod accordingly, thats if you plan to take autocross seriously or just a fun hobby. Is money a huge factor? building a N/A s2000 can cost as much as buying a used supercharger kit if not more.
cost really isn't a problem because I intended to have this car built for racing (autocross/track) and once in a blue weekend driving but main intention Gut it out (whatever I can which is very minimal) and intended to be driven and hard.

I have seen this and read this article as he stated in the forum this is a race car pushing high octane and is something that wouldn't really be happy on the street and most drag cars are meant to be raced for about 10minutes before overheating etc etc. I am trying to make my car run reliable and not depend on an external fan etc. Also his car is FWD which gives the car more of an advantage to utilize the power the motor produces. Again I might be wrong but after seeing it done I have seen a slight downfall in Hp from a fwd setup to a rwd setup nothing crazy but it does utilize the power differently but even with the loss in hp the RWD traction is better.

Im basically looking for a monster setup in a s2000 - Lately I have been reading this thread ( https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/645...t-track-build/) and getting the impression I might have to go to Texas or Florida (idk where Urge is from) Im going to message URGE on info but still any other info would be appreciated.

Yep, the S2000 drivetrain robs more power than say a K20 FWD setup.

You can try doing a 2.4 stroker. You can use InlinePRO rods. All you need is a K24 crank and a decent engine builder. The next step would be cutting out the FRM liners, get the block resleeved and run a CP or Wiseco piston.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay View Post
Originally Posted by Nicaraguense13' timestamp='1387468003' post='22930174
[quote name='Nand01' timestamp='1387290528' post='22926504']
Welcome, and i would say look into what category you want to track your car at and mod accordingly, thats if you plan to take autocross seriously or just a fun hobby. Is money a huge factor? building a N/A s2000 can cost as much as buying a used supercharger kit if not more.
cost really isn't a problem because I intended to have this car built for racing (autocross/track) and once in a blue weekend driving but main intention Gut it out (whatever I can which is very minimal) and intended to be driven and hard.

I have seen this and read this article as he stated in the forum this is a race car pushing high octane and is something that wouldn't really be happy on the street and most drag cars are meant to be raced for about 10minutes before overheating etc etc. I am trying to make my car run reliable and not depend on an external fan etc. Also his car is FWD which gives the car more of an advantage to utilize the power the motor produces. Again I might be wrong but after seeing it done I have seen a slight downfall in Hp from a fwd setup to a rwd setup nothing crazy but it does utilize the power differently but even with the loss in hp the RWD traction is better.

Im basically looking for a monster setup in a s2000 - Lately I have been reading this thread ( https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/645...t-track-build/) and getting the impression I might have to go to Texas or Florida (idk where Urge is from) Im going to message URGE on info but still any other info would be appreciated.

Yep, the S2000 drivetrain robs more power than say a K20 FWD setup.

You can try doing a 2.4 stroker. You can use InlinePRO rods. All you need is a K24 crank and a decent engine builder. The next step would be cutting out the FRM liners, get the block resleeved and run a CP or Wiseco piston.
[/quote]

I would try it but I want to have actual proof or number I know it sucks and I should try my own setups etc etc. but in the f20 platform I want to see the outcomes of some track cars to weigh my options before making a dive into building one or again swapping it out for a K24/k20 car that cannot take the high revs and mid range as a F20
Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 PM
MB
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by BuggyofMildDiscomfort View Post
Well, there's a bit in there from 'bodies....
Both those engines are from the same builder, and both figures from a proper engine dyno cell....and they don't seem to short on the pace front either....

The two cars after 3m40s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yv6YHEZ-tc

In case you're wondering, the car a little before that (black and green), is also a 2.0L engine from the same builder, although that one he claims a little more for, you'll probably see why...

4:30

Nice control!