S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Toda Exhaust

Old 01-21-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You probably would've had better luck in the Modifications & Parts subforum.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Received 134 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k View Post
Thank you to the only person that had anything relevant to say with my post. So far, this should have been the only reply to my thread. I've watched a lot of videos, but videos don't record all frequencies. Is the tone more on the deeper side?
Yes I would say it sounds deeper in real life than in the videos at least, I think my T1R EM single sounded much deeper though if that means anything to you.
I asked him again about it and he told me he did a very long road trip (~3k miles) to Nürburgring and Auschwitz with this system and test pipe installed without any problems
Other than that he didn't remember that much more than what was already said.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have this exhaust on my 2007. Its a very nice piece and sounds mean. I dont think it is loud and is more like OEM+ in my opinion. My car is also turbo which might bias the sounds i hear lol.

I will warn you that i think these exhausts are made for 2000-2005 chassis in mind. The updated 2006+ chassis with the revised transmission tunnel does not play along well with this exhausts (at least it didn't for me).

I had to have the b pipe section slightly modified because it was hitting the tunnel (stock configuration). Because i didn't want to part with my JDM bling i had it modified SLIGHTLY at the b pipe. It fits perfect now and is a very very nice piece (i have had nice exhausts before on my car, spoon, amuse, and now toda).

Old 01-22-2019, 11:48 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

That Toda Power exhaust is beautiful! I love the way the canisters look - their large size. There's no question that Toda is a top quality JDM brand so quality wouldn't be an issue. As others have cited though, 06+ cars can have a tougher time with those systems due to tunnel design changes, albeit it slight changes.

OP: if it's not gonna get you fined in Cali and you like a deep tone then by all means slap that baby on and write us up a review replete with videos

Best to hear it in person as videos just don't do car tone justice. I know this well because I've attempted to capture the magnificence of my J's Racing FX70RS titanium single AP1 on video many times
Old 01-24-2019, 07:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

@R00567 Can you post a pic of the slight modification you did to make this fit your car please?
Old 01-24-2019, 07:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cenix View Post
@R00567 Can you post a pic of the slight modification you did to make this fit your car please?
ill try and snap pics and take videos for you guys this weekend. it sounds deeper than OEM and no rasp.
The following users liked this post:
cenix (01-25-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 11:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

One of the coolest exhausts for the S2000. And pretty rare. I only know one S2K with one and the owner is pretty happy.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

$1300 new? sign me up! ...it's Toda, of course it's going to sound good. Anything with the name Mugen/ASM/Toda/Amuse behind it will be good.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:23 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best View Post
$1300 new? sign me up! ...it's Toda, of course it's going to sound good. Anything with the name Mugen/ASM/Toda/Amuse/J's Racing/Spoon behind it will be good.
I just tweaked that list a little and, hell yes you're right

Old 02-04-2019, 08:02 AM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Ah, that sucks you have to slightly modify it, that kinda turns me away from the exhaust tbh, as I don't really have a shop I would trust modifying it lol. And the turbo will make it quieter, so it probably is a bit louder if the car is NA. I appreciate your input.

Would you happen to have photos directly behind? Another thing I am super picky about is how the exhaust fills in the AP2 rear. IMO not many exhausts look good with the AP2 rear, stupid oval cutouts.

Originally Posted by R00567 View Post
i have this exhaust on my 2007. Its a very nice piece and sounds mean. I dont think it is loud and is more like OEM+ in my opinion. My car is also turbo which might bias the sounds i hear lol.

I will warn you that i think these exhausts are made for 2000-2005 chassis in mind. The updated 2006+ chassis with the revised transmission tunnel does not play along well with this exhausts (at least it didn't for me).

I had to have the b pipe section slightly modified because it was hitting the tunnel (stock configuration). Because i didn't want to part with my JDM bling i had it modified SLIGHTLY at the b pipe. It fits perfect now and is a very very nice piece (i have had nice exhausts before on my car, spoon, amuse, and now toda).

Quick Reply: Toda Exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands