S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Toda Exhaust

Old 02-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
I just tweaked that list a little and, hell yes you're right
Idk about that, about every J's exhaust that I have seen - especially the Ti ones - are nothing to write home about.
The following users liked this post:
JamesD89 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Aww man i'm bummed, I have an 06 and was planning on getting the 70mm V2 toda exhaust. Anyone with an 06+ using the Toda 70mm v1 without the helmholtz resonator?
Old 02-05-2019, 07:46 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by awhit17
Idk about that, about every J's exhaust that I have seen - especially the Ti ones - are nothing to write home about.
How so?
Old 02-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Ah, that sucks you have to slightly modify it, that kinda turns me away from the exhaust tbh, as I don't really have a shop I would trust modifying it lol. And the turbo will make it quieter, so it probably is a bit louder if the car is NA. I appreciate your input.

Would you happen to have photos directly behind? Another thing I am super picky about is how the exhaust fills in the AP2 rear. IMO not many exhausts look good with the AP2 rear, stupid oval cutouts.
The turbo will make it "quieter"? Don't you mean louder? Unless you're referring to drone in which case FI generally removes drone...
Old 02-05-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
A friend of mine used to have the dual 60mm Toda exhaust with dolphin tips, I think the tips are the only difference to the system OP is asking about.
Sounded pretty good, nothing crazy but you could definitely notice it wasn't stock.
With oem cat it had some drone around 2500rpm, nothing to bad though.
Couple of videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ayNFXOZ-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKYrHaK88r0
I just saw these now. Videos never do exhaust tone justice but from what I heard this system is quite restrained. Smooth sounding and deep but not way louder than stock. That might work for some people
Old 02-06-2019, 07:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

The turbo will make it "quieter"? Don't you mean louder? Unless you're referring to drone in which case FI generally removes drone...
Turbos make cars quieter since the exhaust gases have to go through and push the turbine before it exits, but because most boost people want more and more power, they run exhausts with very little restriction, so a lot of turbo cars are loud.

Turbocharging and its effect on our soundscape

Superchargers will make cars louder though.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Turbos make cars quieter since the exhaust gases have to go through and push the turbine before it exits, but because most boost people want more and more power, they run exhausts with very little restriction, so a lot of turbo cars are loud.

Turbocharging and its effect on our soundscape

Superchargers will make cars louder though.
Duly noted.

I am supercharging my car soon enough so yeah...imagine the loudness then. I currently run a J's FX70RS single exit titanium so yeah u can imagine... he he he
Old 02-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

How so?
Fitment, and weld quality. Some of the stainless stuff it looks like they almost MIG weld some of it and the Ti welds I have seen are usually very discolored which means the weld is not nearly as strong as it could be. On top of that the welds are sometimes not very straight or neat. My Amuse has much better welds on the outside than any J’s I have seen, but then again they secure the center muffler baffle with a tiny tac weld lol

Last edited by awhit17; 02-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:44 PM

Fitment, and weld quality. Some of the stainless stuff it looks like they almost MIG weld some of it and the Ti welds I have seen are usually very discolored which means the weld is not nearly as strong as it could be. On top of that the welds are sometimes not very straight or neat. My Amuse has much better welds on the outside than any J’s I have seen, but then again they secure the center muffler baffle with a tiny tac weld lol
I found the fitment and weld quality to be great. I can't comment on comparison to Amuse systems as I haven't seen them in person though.
I'm 100% happy with my J's Racing FX70RS Titanium single
Old 02-08-2019, 07:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I have seen and heard that J's quality is kinda hit and miss with their newer parts. I think the quality was much better before

Quick Reply: Toda Exhaust