S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Urge Designs Single Exit Exhaust (Dual Muffler) Review

Old 01-03-2022, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Urge Designs Single Exit Exhaust (Dual Muffler) Review

So for those wanting to know about Urge Designs Single Exit setup for the S2000, I’ve made a short review to give the community some insight. Feel free to PM me as well if there are any additional questions. I’ve included the link to my YouTube channel to show the sound of the system. I’ll break things down briefly in terms of sound, Performance, and quality.

Sound:

Not going to lie, this system is loud. But I have yet to break sound at my local tracks, albeit they’re very conservative with their sound check (~100-103 dB). That being said, the sound is amazing. Very deep idle with a great WOT pitch. Been told by an older Indiana native that it reminds him of the old 60s-70s IndyCars. Guess there’s not much of a better compliment than that! As for street driving, it is boomy when rowing through gears but the moment you drop it in 6th on the freeway, it’s mouse quiet. Best of both worlds really, volume when you want it.

Performance:

The ol’ butt dyno tells me this mod gives you a good bit more mod range torque, as well as throttle response. Highly recommend a tune to go along with it and lowering the VTEC, as you’ll get the benefit of that mid range torque boost as well. I don’t have any dyno’s, but the guys at urge designs give an estimation in terms of power increase and I say it’s about right.

Quality:

This system is one of the nicest bits of kit I’ve seen in a while. The welds are beautiful, the hanger placement is spot on,(don’t mind the shifted exhaust tip in the video, that was prior to giving the system proper fitment) and the material is also very nice. Came in a package that had plenty of packing to protect from damage during shipment, so I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this system whatsoever!

​​​​​​​As I stated earlier, let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns regarding this system.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lhp7-4xxASM
The following 2 users liked this post by DagressSpeed:
kenstyle (01-04-2022), SHG_James (01-03-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great video, but if my exhaust produced that amount of drone on the highway, I'd need a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

I'm certain there are performance gains across the revs and it sounds symphonious at WOT, but do you not hear the drone in the video, let alone while driving the car?
Old 01-04-2022, 02:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenstyle
Great video, but if my exhaust produced that amount of drone on the highway, I'd need a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

I'm certain there are performance gains across the revs and it sounds symphonious at WOT, but do you not hear the drone in the video, let alone while driving the car?

well first and foremost, let me be clear before Reddit levels of cynicism start getting thrown around…. The driving and highway footage was done on GoPro Hero 3. Yes, a now 10 year old GoPro, so sound quality isn’t the best it could be.

Secondly, I verbatim said in my review that it was boomy when going through the gears, so yes I know what my car sounds like. So let me be VERY specific about the highway driving, it’s quiet when you’re cruising on the highway at a reasonable speed (~70) and you’re not under load.