S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Where to buy Hytech headers

Old 10-01-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_BUILT
Sorry to burst your bubble same message i got before i bought my urge headers.
LOL yup Urge would be my first choice tired and true design you can't lose with it makes power stock makes power stroked it makes power either way.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So is urge better than hytech? I got a quote that is no more than 1750 and suppose to be much better than previous according to his email.

Last edited by Kinesis 996; 10-01-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got that same email from hytech in may. Its october now and still never got a response. I would just go with urge or ballade
Old 10-02-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by S2K_BUILT
I got that same email from hytech in may. Its october now and still never got a response. I would just go with urge or ballade
I actually have a different experience, John and I have been exchanging emails and he answered all my questions in details

Conclusion is much better than previous design. It uses Rath/Ginson 304 stainless steel. It is the best mill in America and the material is Military spec.

"The design is way different and so different it doesn't look like anything out there. "

It is no more than $1750 and I am asking for a group buy.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
I actually have a different experience, John and I have been exchanging emails and he answered all my questions in details

Conclusion is much better than previous design. It uses Rath/Ginson 304 stainless steel. It is the best mill in America and the material is Military spec.

"The design is way different and so different it doesn't look like anything out there. "

$1750 with groupbuy or without?
Old 10-03-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996

Do they have dyno results yet ?
Old 10-03-2018, 05:05 PM

John from hytech is a good guy I ran his hytech header when I was na and super charged Never knew how it dynoed compared to others on my setup but good piece and Def the sum of all parts performed well. I'm turbo now so the header is long gone but I run his exhaust still. Twin loop dual exhaust with custom 3" main pipe. A sick piece that performs so well. I did add a 3" ultra quiet resonator and now it's near stock quiet cruising but flows very well. Zero drone which was my quest from the start. His pieces are far from cheap though. Luckily I didn't have to wait long each time I ordered.

Good luck with whichever way you go.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by S2kAndTheAnt
$1750 with groupbuy or without?
without and still waiting for his reply

Originally Posted by S2000Craig
Do they have dyno results yet ?
Is still in a development stage I assume
Old 10-03-2018, 10:03 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

I've heard nothing but good things about Hytech throughout the years on various platforms. I'm not going to question the guy's integrity as much as I'm going to make a statement in saying that "much better" and "different from anything seen before" are both tall order statements for an s2000 header. The car has been out for nearly 2 decades now, and out of production for nearly a decade. I think at this point a groundbreaking header development is either hot air or very late to the party. That said, the guy does incredible work and the headers are indeed beautiful.

The thing that swayed me towards the URGE headers was that they were very transparent with the development of them, showing various dyno graphs as well as sending them out to forum members to try. Supposedly everyone that tried one opted to keep it. I'm not doing any marketing for Urge, as my header isn't even on the car yet, but I will say it's a nice piece and Patrick at Urge was very quick to reply to my emails and get it sent out to me. I have the regular header btw, it comes in a few flavors but I have the 304 regular header, not the 321 or the "stroker" header. It's going to be going on my supercharged setup. The thing with headers on this car is you're only chasing around a few hp, maybe 10-15 maximum over OEM. In that regard Urge has seemed to find the design that works best and makes power everywhere, and more than other headers, but obviously not by much. Hence the name "Unicorn".

Not doubting that Hytech could potentially make a better header, but I couldn't imagine the gains being more than some of the top headers currently on the market. At that point you just need to decide if you want to wait, are willing to pay nearly 2 grand for it, and go out on a limb and hope it makes more power than the others and/or you're getting the gains that have yet to be advertised. Ultimately the choice is yours, and there really won't be a bad choice in my opinion. When it comes to higher end-parts like Hytech etc. or any headers in the $1500-2k range I don't think saving a couple hundred bucks between the choices is really a dictating factor. I'll attach a few pics of the Urge header that I received. I can't wait to put it on, hopefully soon. I'll report back with impressions but I won't be able to get you numbers as I won't be tuned for a while yet. Going Kpro over the winter and that's a hefty expense.

Last edited by Kyle; 10-03-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 PM

That's a nice piece. I have a 2005 AP2, was looking at tune but found out is a complete pain in the azz.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Hytech headers