S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Where to buy Hytech headers

Old 04-18-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought the Ballade header was a J's replica
Old 04-18-2019, 05:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesD89 View Post
I thought the Ballade header was a J's replica
Nah, PLM is a J's replica.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:40 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts

I actually submitted a message to Hytech via FB about potentially getting a set of these. Long story short, I ended up selling my Urge header a few months ago, brand new, unused. I had a knee-jerk reaction about wanting to go turbo and immediately started obtaining parts I would need and shedding parts I wouldn't. Unfortunately that meant I sold my header. It was a beautiful header, and well-received by the community, but the thought of a header made by an excellent fabricator such as Hytech, tailored to my specifications and planned usage (2.0L, supercharged, 70mm exhaust) was appealing. Still haven't heard back yet....I've seen that seems to be the general case in this thread with a few individuals getting the runaround, but for a nearly 2k header with several people interested I'm sure it would be worth his while to pump some of these out.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I actually submitted a message to Hytech via FB about potentially getting a set of these. Long story short, I ended up selling my Urge header a few months ago, brand new, unused. I had a knee-jerk reaction about wanting to go turbo and immediately started obtaining parts I would need and shedding parts I wouldn't. Unfortunately that meant I sold my header. It was a beautiful header, and well-received by the community, but the thought of a header made by an excellent fabricator such as Hytech, tailored to my specifications and planned usage (2.0L, supercharged, 70mm exhaust) was appealing. Still haven't heard back yet....I've seen that seems to be the general case in this thread with a few individuals getting the runaround, but for a nearly 2k header with several people interested I'm sure it would be worth his while to pump some of these out.
You should reach out to Origin Fabrication. They will make you a custom header to suit your application, and they make theirs out of 321 stainless so it’s nice and light. I have one on order
Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem with John was always getting product out. He started working with Greg at GT Motoring in 2010 or 2011 for this reason. Greg handled all the questions/answers/ordering/shipping and John just made the things and delivered them to Greg. It worked for a short period of time (maybe 10 headers) and John quit making the headers for this car.

Too bad. I bought one with a short testpipe, got it tuned and it rocks.
Old Today, 04:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
The problem with John was always getting product out. He started working with Greg at GT Motoring in 2010 or 2011 for this reason. Greg handled all the questions/answers/ordering/shipping and John just made the things and delivered them to Greg. It worked for a short period of time (maybe 10 headers) and John quit making the headers for this car.

Too bad. I bought one with a short testpipe, got it tuned and it rocks.
I think that's how mine was originally purchased, and I have the same setup as you. I reached out to John about having cams made, and.... no response. Hopefully that changes.
Old Today, 07:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased mine through GT Motoring I believe in 2012. After waiting around 10 months and getting the run around from GT Motoring. Greg gave me John's number and told me to contact him directly. Once I did that, I literally received it like 2 weeks later.
Old Today, 06:37 PM
Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_ View Post
I think that's how mine was originally purchased, and I have the same setup as you. I reached out to John about having cams made, and.... no response. Hopefully that changes.
Good luck on getting a set of cams, I had seen some floating around for sale a while ago.