S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2016 S2K Challenge Round 2 Chuckwalla W/ Write up!

Old 03-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2016 S2K Challenge Round 2 Chuckwalla W/ Write up!

Yes its round 2!!!

Write up!!!

Yes Round 2 is in the books. Again we had some close action, hot weather and some smack talk too!

The day started off early for some drivers who made the trek out the morning of the event. Chuckwalla is definitely the furthest East the Challenge travels. Being so close to Arizona and Nevada we get to see some new faces and fast cars. There were a few memorable quotes from drivers after a traffic filled first session. Many drivers had issues navigating around higher horse powered cars which inspired statements like this in the first download meeting: "After being stuck behind him for a few laps I was going to dive bomb him but I felt he didn't have enough race awareness to not turn into me." Enough with the set up, here are the results!

Stock class had one competitor. Sung Kim's first appearance in the Challenge saw him set a 2:19.379 for the win. Congrats Sung and we are looking forward to more events this year!

Street Class had 4 competitors. Street Class can have a mix of cars with very light modifications. Typically you can have coilovers with aftermarket rims and tires or stock suspension and some mild aero. All competitors are running a very steerable set up.

Fernando Muga joined us again set a 2:15.920 for 4th place. 3rd place went to Tom Wang with a 2:14.239. Second place went to Yi-Chao Huang with a 2:09.421. Top honors went to Marvin Lopez who was sporting a new Blackbird Fab rear lexan spoiler. Marvin's 2:08.715 was set in session two's cooler weather. Congrats Street Class Drivers!

Mod Class had 6 competitors. In Mod Class you can have a variety of winning setups. Participants rides range from full aero on R-Comps with very limited power adders to wingless cars on R-Comps with all the power adders. Mod Class allows you to pick and choose how you want to build your car with very little limitations.

6th place went to Jesus Paez, Jesus set a 2:24.882 in Blue 3. 5th went to David Leung. David managed a 2:08.820 on 300TW tires after having one of the best spin offs of the year while exiting T5. 4th place went to Anish Patel. Anish set a 2:07.169 in White 3. Here is where it gets interesting. 3rd place was Ethan Taylor. Ethan set a 2:04.918 in a fully caged car on RS3's. 2nd place went to Ryan Delgrosso. Ryan set a 2:04.749 in a full aero car on RC-1's. Top honors and first time class winner was AJ Jaquias! AJ set a 2:04.691 in a NT01 wingless car! The podium was covered by only .227 of a second! Congrats Mod Class participants!

Super Mod had 5 competitors. A typical Super Mod car will have all the aero, 10" wide rims on R-Comps or Super Sticky Street Tires, all the power adders and an occasional Stroker Motor.

5th place was Ted Park. Ted set a 2:05.137 in the hear of Red 3. 4th place was Dave Lara. Dave set a 2:03.488 in Red 2. Third place was Mike Kang. Mike borrowed Ted's car and ran in Orange where he set a 2:02.513. (My second favorite quote of the day was: "If its not Ted that beats you Dave, its his car.") Second place was Dustin Dessero. Dustin set a 2:00.825 in Red 2. Top Honors went to Chris Elders. Chris set a 2:00.341 in Red 2 to clinch the win. Chris and Dustin battled it out all day while catching the Microsoft guys in their GT2's. The term Bing It on was thrown around after our Honda's were sweating the super fast P-Cars.

Super mod crew!!

As always a big thank you to our sponsor 949 Racing. Support those that support the series!

http://949racing.com

Round 3 is right around the corner. We will be headed to Buttonwillow on April 9th. (Saturday) Hurry up, this may be the last opportunity to set fast laps before the summer heat!!

Lastly there will be some exciting news in the next few days as Maxis was handing out swag to the podium finishers! I wonder what it could be????

Until next time!!!!

Back to Chuckwalla for some great weather and an awesome track. This round will also be a crossover for the 86Cup. Sign up soon, Chuckwalla always seems to sellout early.

Also 949 Racing has donated two sets of the 6UL Wheels for year end prizes! Spec's can be found here: http://949racing.com/17-6UL-wheels.aspx

Format to be determined, however we are looking for a TT session if we can get enough attendance. Sign up here: http://www.speedventures.com/events/...il.aspx?id=579

Remember to fill out your competition form and feel free to ask questions!

Rules and class info in my sig!

See you at the track!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Still 2 weeks to go and there are spots available.

15 Registered S2K's and 12 Registered 86's. Its gonna be a great weekend.

BTW if anyone is running both days and wants to join us for dinner/beers in town Sat night post up!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up some NT01's from that sweet ebay deal and will be joining Mod class for this event.

Where do you guys usually stay? I'll be going for both days but I haven't booked a place yet. Definitely in for Saturday dinner / drinks.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by MerlinV12
I just picked up some NT01's from that sweet ebay deal and will be joining Mod class for this event.

Where do you guys usually stay? I'll be going for both days but I haven't booked a place yet. Definitely in for Saturday dinner / drinks.
As its easter weekend in a retirement town and hotel rates are insane I am availing myself of the luxuries of the Motel 6 in Indio.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Easter. Thats the weekend after lol just an fyi
Old 03-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by f20kills
Easter. Thats the weekend after lol just an fyi
HAHA then i have no idea why the hotel prices are 2x normal.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:19 AM

big tennis tournament that weekend with finals on sunday!
http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/
Old 03-04-2016, 10:20 AM

i would be there if my engine was not at laskeys currently =(

can i bring my S4? =)
Old 03-14-2016, 08:44 AM

There are only 5 open spots left. If you haven't signed up yet this is literally the last minute to get in on this.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

See you guys there!

Quick Reply: 2016 S2K Challenge Round 2 Chuckwalla W/ Write up!