S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   2019 S2K challenge discussion (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/2019-s2k-challenge-discussion-1189840/)

anorexicpoodle 11-20-2018 03:43 PM

2019 S2K challenge discussion

Hey All!

So its time again to revisit rules and plan next year!

Rules Draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ding=h.1y810tw

Edits are in red but a quick summary:
  1. Fuel points must be taken for fuel over 40% ethanol (a clarification not new points). Fuel points now apply to race fuel 100 octane or above as well.
  2. We have re-instated the "Aftermarket internals" rules. 0.25 if OEM compression ratio is altered regardless of displacement.
  3. Due to more data cams have been reduced in points to 0.25 but now includes back-dating and mis-matched cams (AP1 cams in AP2 etc).
  4. The list of "Special" street tires have been amended for the latest tires. Our basis for this continues to be the Hankook RS4 as a baseline tire.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...c05a50a008.jpg

Commentary is welcome!

Bullwings 12-06-2018 09:01 AM

Is the schedule set?

I don't see anything confirming the schedule on the facebook page.

SpeedVentures also has some additional events listed as s2k challenge dates. Also noticed no chuckwalla listed as an S2kC event for November - hope that's not the case.

George11 12-09-2018 07:04 PM

Schedule looks good, with hearing how fun Las Vegas was, I am really interested in making that trip but also interested in caravan or trailer due to the distance. Did anyone drive last year or most people trailer? Look forward to the 2019 season, glad ACS is only twice.

Jacobjamz 01-05-2019 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by George11 (Post 24542161)
Schedule looks good, with hearing how fun Las Vegas was, I am really interested in making that trip but also interested in caravan or trailer due to the distance. Did anyone drive last year or most people trailer? Look forward to the 2019 season, glad ACS is only twice.

ACS is awesome what're you talking about ?!

George11 01-05-2019 05:07 PM

ACS to me is a track with no run off and a ton of k wall.

Jacobjamz 01-06-2019 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by George11 (Post 24550946)
ACS to me is a track with no run off and a ton of k wall.

I disagree, the only turn without enough run off is playground. That's like the most dangerous turn on this schedule cuz you hit the dip wrong and you're getting cozy with the k wall.

Bullwings 01-06-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jacobjamz (Post 24551167)
I disagree, the only turn without enough run off is playground. That's like the most dangerous turn on this schedule cuz you hit the dip wrong and you're getting cozy with the k wall.

I disagree with your disagreeing and agree with George... LOL! I stopped going to ACS years ago. ACS is all about power and not very exciting in an S2k.

If you want a fun track with speed that also requires balls, go to Big Willow (WSIR), far more exciting track than ACS in almost all regards. The only thing ACS has going for it is proximity to where most of us in SoCal live.

My SoCal track ranking is:
CVR > BRP > WSIR >/= SOWS > >>ACS

WSIR is clearly a more exciting track than SOWS, but not as enjoyable to me as it should be since I don't have enough seat time there, and I'm finding myself far more risk averse than when I first started tracking 8 years ago... Thus limiting my laptimes and enjoyment. It's all relative and perception based, since I know that both CVR and BRP have high risk areas too, but arguably less so than WSIR or ACS. SOWS actually has really shitty run off too, but the speeds are slow enough that most of the damage will likely only be auto related - with full 6-point, hnr, and rollbar.

andrewdruiz 01-31-2019 10:43 AM

I have an AP1 with coilovers, 17x9's all around and 255 (2.75 points so far) RE11A's (0 points), with RE71R's (1 point) waiting to go on once I cook up the RE11A's. I don't have many mods and wouldn't be able to compete in modified, nor do I want to. Any chance you guys can consider bumping up the street class point total or maybe reconsidering the point allocation for street tires - 1 point for level 1 street tires, but .5 points for level 1 race tires seems a bit off, but I have no basis for that and I'm assuming these street tires are faster than "level 1" R-compounds?

Thanks

Chibo 01-31-2019 10:48 AM

Yes, the 200TW point tires are quicker than the level 1 R-compound tires. You might want to run a different tire than the RE71R for longevity and standing up later in the session / day, anyway, and this will keep you in street.

sweetdill 02-04-2019 12:59 PM

Hey everybody, Last year was a ton of fun, and I'm really looking forward to this year's schedule!
Now is the time for my annual quandary, to Super mod?! or not to Super mod...
And basically, I can be in mod at just 7.0 pts if I use a 9.0 front wheel, no points for ASM trunk lip, use Level 1 R-compound, ballast 75lbs.
Thing is, I really don't want to drive that car, I want to use 9.5 or 10" wheels, and I want to use A052's or RE71R's, maybe even in 265/35 18. That would put me at 8.5 pts.
I would really like to see mod class go to an 8pt. ceiling, if that happens it's worth it for me to ballast. Otherwise I'm happy to just get creamed again in Supermod...

Oh, and is there a sign up sheet for Round Zero? Last time I missed out on the dyno, and I'm thinking it's probably fairest if the cars that participated the most last year have the highest priority.

And finally, couple questions:
Nankang AR-1 points? 1.0pt?
No aero points for side skirts or rear spats? Is there a reason for this or is it an over-site?

-Dylan