S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

accusump plumbing

Old 06-14-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I simply connected it with a T fitting into the return of the oil cooler line. No check valves
Old 06-14-2019, 05:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by decepticondc5
I am terribly interested in what is going on inside that giant gold chamber. Where could I go to see more? Any build thread somewhere?
That is a cold air box that feeds the intake with filtered air from an intake in the air dam. I don't want to get too far off topic in this thread so if you're still interested in details send me a PM.

The check valve is so oil from the accusump feeds the block directly and quickly if there is cavitation of the pump or other oiling issues in the engine. Without the check valve the accusump will pump oil through the rest of the system as well as the block.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:47 PM

Don and canton told me not to run the check valve.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
Don and canton told me not to run the check valve.
That would be fine if you are using the stock heat exchanger on the block. If you have a remote oil cooler with associated plumbing you should use a check valve.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:50 AM

Maybe, but Cantons check valve restricts flow almost 50% so its not worth it.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I am trying to do a accusump setup with oil cooler right now and I am trying to make sure i get the right products. I have emailed Canton and haven't heard back. I PM'd DatsunDoc , and haven't heard back, so let me bring it to the group to see what i am needing.

Here is my part's list so far (amazon links for reference as it is easy, but will shop around)

Inline thermostat:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LINCY52/ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LINCY52/
Accusump:
https://www.amazon.com/Canton-Racing-24-026-Accusump-Accumulator/ https://www.amazon.com/Canton-Racing-24-026-Accusump-Accumulator/

I am sourcing a 15 to 30 row oil cooler (measuring space now to see largest that will fit) with a SPAL fan that will fit in the space available. Everything will be ran using AN-10 fittings and lines.

My big questions are:
  • Do I need Check Valve? I am assuming yes and which is the best not to limit oil flow?
  • Should I remove factory sandwich adapter ?
  • What is the best aftermarket sandwich adapter to get? I need two plugs for oil pressure and oil temp.
  • What is the benefit of spending the extra $200 on electronic pressure control valve?
  • Is the mishimoto inline thermostat better than Mocal ? any other options I should consider?
This is a dedicated N/A track car, Its not even legal to drive on the street. But it does see all season racing, Ive had two event's this year so far at the extreme's of both hot and cold ( St. Louis Sleeting and raining w/ 33 deg AIT, Topeka, KS 105 deg AIT ). This car does see 2-4 hours of track time a day with some sessions being back to back as I sometimes have a friend co-drive my S. Im also looking for opinions If I should measure oil pressure coming out of block to going back in to monitor restriction in the system? If so, what are my options to add a 3rd probe somewhere inline to measure oil temp? This car also wont stay N/A for much longer as next year im looking to go forced induction.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DatsunDoc

I used an adapter on the block and a remote oil filter and oil cooler. You should put a one way valve in the line so that the accusump goes directly into the block and not through the extra plumbing to the filter and cooler before pressurizing the block.
wow this is a serious build, any more information on this car?
Old 08-02-2019, 01:10 PM

I sent you a PM. You can email me directly at DatsunDoc@aol.com

My big questions are:
  • Do I need Check Valve? I am assuming yes and which is the best not to limit oil flow?
I say yes, especially with a large volume cooler and associated oil lines. Other opinions differ in this thread.
  • Should I remove factory sandwich adapter ?
I would for a dedicated track car like you say you have. The benefits of an oil to coolant heat exchanger are quick oil warm up but you have a track car and you should warm it up before going on track every session.
  • What is the best aftermarket sandwich adapter to get? I need two plugs for oil pressure and oil temp.
I'd have to check what mine is but anything that fits well, doesn't leak has the fittings you need and doesn't restrict flow is good.
  • What is the benefit of spending the extra $200 on electronic pressure control valve?
Not even sure why you would want this.
  • Is the mishimoto inline thermostat better than Mocal ? any other options I should consider?
I wouldn't use a thermostat, warm the car up before your session and tape over the cooler on cold days. Keep as simple as possible is always the way to go on a race car.