S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Alignment went off after track day

Old 10-06-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres the alignment I got today. So after hitting the dirt, the camber and toe def moved as you can see with the before specs. The shop was able to get it to the new specs I want but Im seeing a different spec for SAI and included angle. Frome thses numbers, is it a big possibility something got slightly bent like knuckles or LCAs?
Old 10-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Potentially there could be something bent, but I would check the sub frame alignment first and also eyeball the bushings first before worrying about bent pieces. How many miles are on the car? Judging by the before and after, you went off right side leading the way and possibly hard enough that you could have shifted the subframe a minute amount.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fokker
Potentially there could be something bent, but I would check the sub frame alignment first and also eyeball the bushings first before worrying about bent pieces. How many miles are on the car? Judging by the before and after, you went off right side leading the way and possibly hard enough that you could have shifted the subframe a minute amount.
I dont think its the subframe because I am running rigid collars so that eliminates the subframe shifting. Could be the bushings or something is bent. I got 80xxx miles on it btw and yea I slid the right side. Is the SAI should be even on both side? Seems like one side has a 1 degree difference.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

In an ideal world, they should be just about the same left to right, but there's a number of things that can throw that off. With how you left the surface, you would expect the difference to be reversed between the left and right, but no telling over the internet. Visual inspection would be the place to start and if nothing is obvious and it's not causing any issues with handling, don't worry about it.