S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   Another brake pad suggestion post. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/another-brake-pad-suggestion-post-1178730/)

kgregg 10-19-2017 11:39 AM

Another brake pad suggestion post.

I have been using EBC yellows for the past couple events and i think its time for me to move up. I go through over 3/4 a pad over the course of a weekend event. I am stock with stock tire sizes. Looking for pads at a lower price point. Any input would be great.

dc2-2-ap1 10-19-2017 02:23 PM

You won't find much cheaper than those. Best bet is to switch to an actual track pad, such as the trusted carbotech xp10/xp8 setup. Most track pads will cost more initially, but last longer than dual purpose pads. You end up saving money this way.

gptoyz 10-19-2017 02:54 PM

If you want your pads to last longer, in general, on a stockish car, don't stagger the pads

freq 10-19-2017 03:42 PM

Power Stop now has a "Track Day Spec" pad which can be bought through Rock Auto for about $73 shipped for a set of fronts.

I haven't tried mine yet but the packaging is gorgeous. :)

I bought them just to try out at my last event next month. If they last as long and work as well as the CarboTecs XP10s I've been using, I'll be amazed. My expectations are low.

Kenny_Stang 10-19-2017 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by freq (Post 24371377)
Power Stop now has a "Track Day Spec" pad which can be bought through Rock Auto for about $73 shipped for a set of fronts.

I bought them just to try out at my last event next month. If they last as long and work as well as the CarboTecs XP10s I've been using, I'll be amazed. My expectations are low.

Ive been talking to Will @ THMotorsports about these, and he has nothing but good things to say about them. He’s been running them all year. I’ll be giving them a try as well when my current Carbotechs are used up.

warmmilk 10-19-2017 07:18 PM

do you know if they make these in BBK pad shapes or only for OEMs? I was only able to find OEM shapes when I looked, just wondering if I missed something

freq 10-20-2017 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 24371502)
do you know if they make these in BBK pad shapes or only for OEMs? I was only able to find OEM shapes when I looked, just wondering if I missed something

I don't know for sure but it would seem unlikely as they're failrly new and a geared towards OEM. You could call and ask or send an email?

kgregg 10-20-2017 04:09 AM

awesome suggestion, i haven't seen these pop up anywhere on s2ki. the power stops seem to have positive feedback with all the corvette guys, so im sure they will hold up well for our application. Thank you!

freq 10-20-2017 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by kgregg (Post 24371594)
awesome suggestion, i haven't seen these pop up anywhere on s2ki. the power stops seem to have positive feedback with all the corvette guys, so im sure they will hold up well for our application. Thank you!

Mentioned here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-br...otors-1178247/

kgregg 10-20-2017 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by freq (Post 24371596)

i meant an actual review of the pads. but thanks.