S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Anyone try Nexen N Fera Sur4 Tires

Old 07-24-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE...

The front Nexen SUR4G tires on my BMW 330Ci lasted only 4 hard track days (roughly 8 hours on track) in hot weather. The rears still have lots of tread. I literally wore off all of the tread - the fronts look like racing slicks now - and I wore one tire down to the cords.

These tires gripped extremely well and I was keeping up with higher horsepower cars. They felt awesome out there. No complaints except that they wore out very quick. Maybe it was my driving, maybe I had a bad habit, too much understeer, not sure... but even to the touch, they felt much softer than my old BFGoodrich Rivals.

I would recommend these if you can get 'em cheap, but if the prices are comparable to the other Extreme Performance summer tires... you might as well get a more proven tire in my opinion.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by wallofgrath
UPDATE...

The front Nexen SUR4G tires on my BMW 330Ci lasted only 4 hard track days (roughly 8 hours on track) in hot weather. The rears still have lots of tread. I literally wore off all of the tread - the fronts look like racing slicks now - and I wore one tire down to the cords.

These tires gripped extremely well and I was keeping up with higher horsepower cars. They felt awesome out there. No complaints except that they wore out very quick. Maybe it was my driving, maybe I had a bad habit, too much understeer, not sure... but even to the touch, they felt much softer than my old BFGoodrich Rivals.

I would recommend these if you can get 'em cheap, but if the prices are comparable to the other Extreme Performance summer tires... you might as well get a more proven tire in my opinion.
Haha, that is normal on the E46 chassis, especially without camber plates and a square setup.