S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Anyone using Ballade oil pan baffle?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using Ballade oil pan baffle?

I have searched and it appears the subject has been nearly beaten to death but I am wondering if anyone is running the Ballade oil pan baffle with success?

After doing research I believe overall Ballade's bolt in version is a good option. It avoids the issue of welding to your existing pan, eliminating the possibility of welds cracking over time and in theory should be as effective as the JDM pans.

I do believe Ballade's design would be better suited with the shield and bolts/nuts removed from the equation. I don't like the idea of those in the sump and I don't think the shield is necessary. Does anyone know if the shield can be easily removed?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2017, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out Evasive one too, had it since they came out, so far so good!
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...Code=EVSTUNING
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't think a single baffle manufacturer or aftermarket oil pan manufacturer has ever provided data to back their claims.

Though I do know some early baffles have failed and people have lost engines.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most of the time the "baffle" is just a plate welded on the oil pan.

I dont like that kind of baffle , it does keep the oil that is in the botom from going to far away from the pump on high G turns but it also prevent oil from going freely to the bottom of the pan.

I would have much more faith in one like the moroso ( picture) that as the pump in open space and swivel plates that keeps oil from escaping from the pump but not to it.

Anyone using Ballade oil pan baffle?-photo168.jpg
Old 08-10-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Happy Ballade user here!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
Most of the time the "baffle" is just a plate welded on the oil pan.

I dont like that kind of baffle , it does keep the oil that is in the botom from going to far away from the pump on high G turns but it also prevent oil from going freely to the bottom of the pan.

I would have much more faith in one like the moroso ( picture) that as the pump in open space and swivel plates that keeps oil from escaping from the pump but not to it.

Attachment 136893
I agree with your theory. But the moroso baffle looks really like the pick up is shielded from that pic...
Old 08-11-2017, 04:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah but all shields have a swivel door and the other side as space not clear from the picture

Anyone using Ballade oil pan baffle?-photo699.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Ballade oil pan baffle?-photo488.jpg  

Last edited by Sylvain2000; 08-11-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Happy Ballade user here!
....because? The motor didn't blow or because the data said it was doing it's job?
Old 08-11-2017, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that determining if any of the oil baffle designs work under specific conditions is subjective since real world testing is difficult. I do believe there is a benefit to the basic "slosh plate" as its called, others may prefer the trap door. I also believe that welds in pans and trap door hinges should be inspected frequently, as they are failure points in a critical area of the engine. With a bolt in using the oem bolts, there is one less thing to worry about or inspect, assuming no shield with tiny bolts.

I am more concerned with how the Ballade compares to the basic weld in plates, as I don't have many photos showing how it sits. I may just purchase the Ballade bolt in, remove the shield and report back.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:51 AM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
Yeah but all shields have a swivel door and the other side as space not clear from the picture

Attachment 136912
Thanks
can someone put a camera in their oil pan???

Quick Reply: Anyone using Ballade oil pan baffle?