S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Brake Master Cylinder Braces

Old 09-16-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My setup is PMU club racers, moutl rbf, centric blanks, braided lines, front ducts.

I just got one and don't feel a big difference unfortunately (had the above setup both before and after the brace). I still think the brakes could "feel" better. They perform amazing and I don't ever have fad/abnormal wear issues, but I feel like the pedal is cheap. Hard to explain.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:57 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ludeguy13
My setup is PMU club racers, moutl rbf, centric blanks, braided lines, front ducts.

I just got one and don't feel a big difference unfortunately (had the above setup both before and after the brace). I still think the brakes could "feel" better. They perform amazing and I don't ever have fad/abnormal wear issues, but I feel like the pedal is cheap. Hard to explain.
There is a significant big difference especially in the master cylinder flex. Have you tried braking heavy?
Old 09-17-2015, 06:52 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ckowalc
I hope LHT Performance knows that the indicator in that video is moving 0.021 inches or 0.53mm NOT 0.21 inches or "6mm" as stated in the video. I also don't believe there is absolutely no deflection after brace is installed. It would be useful to see an unbias third party test.

I used to sell master cylinder braces for Imprezas (GC) and my tests showed it decreased deflection from 0.041" to 0.021". Granted mine seemingly didn't have as solid of a connection point. There was a very slight feeling of improvement under medium to hard braking but I believe a lot of it has to do with the owner trying to justify the purchase in his mind, IMHO.

I think pad choice can have a lot more improvement to brake feel than a master cylinder brace.
Nice observation!

Yes, this will do nothing to improve feel during street driving. At the track when you're braking very hard, it might be noticeable. I don't know.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:10 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Look at the before the brace results then look at the after brace results. You will notice the difference. The margin is significant..
Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ludeguy13

I and others have noted that Motul feels more compressible than other brands.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will agree witht that^^
Old 09-17-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by ludeguy13' timestamp='1442467241' post='23749411

There is a significant big difference especially in the master cylinder flex. Have you tried braking heavy?

Yeah i'd say the braking zone after the bank at auto club speedway would count (exit that corner around almost 130MPH). Like I said, there is a difference, I just wouldn't say it is significant. I am happy to hear that other's have had different experiences though. It gives me confidence something else in my system could be improved.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:06 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

So what fluid do people find the least compressible? I'd rather bleed more often if it necessitates it and have a better pedal feel.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:54 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Brake fluid is not compressible. If you are boiling your fluid, any fluid, will make the pedal soft due to the gas introduced into the system. This gas is compressible. The "best" brake fluid in the world is no more or less compressible than any other brake fluid.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:01 AM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Maybe the viscosity ?

Quick Reply: Brake Master Cylinder Braces