S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Buddy Club RS EVO Damper Kit

Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio
^ Probably how he's getting them for dirt cheap. I only know one person that tracked them personally, which is Mark Tsai (colatkitty). He actually said the dampers were quite good, they are triple adjustable, but that the spring rates were too soft for his liking. They are 10 kg/mm springs, versus the TEIN SRC 16 kg/mm springs that he used on his S2K.

. I was trying to find specs but I couldnt come across anything on the spring rates. I will be writing to your friend thanks alot. So did he go to tein src after having the buddy coilovers ? thanks alot dude
Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM

Buddyclub dampers sold within the US are NOT made in Japan, they're made in Taiwan. And the Buddyclub RSD (Racing Spec Damper) are NOT rebound only adjustable, they're simultaneous rebound/compression just like any other lower end damper out there.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by assalbert
Buddyclub dampers sold within the US are NOT made in Japan, they're made in Taiwan. And the Buddyclub RSD (Racing Spec Damper) are NOT rebound only adjustable, they're simultaneous rebound/compression just like any other lower end damper out there.
Perhaps you're correct, although at the time I bought them, their website specs claimed rebound only. Must have been a typo I guess..
Old 01-27-2012, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by assalbert
Buddyclub dampers sold within the US are NOT made in Japan, they're made in Taiwan.
The impression I get from the articles I linked above is that the issues the author observed with Japanese dampers (one knob that adjusted both compression and rebound, inconsistent damping / lack of fade resistance, and lack of local rebuilders / revalvers) were more a function of their design, not their manufacturing process. Given that, whether they were manufactured in Japan or Taiwan isn't super relevant.

Disclaimer again: The articles I linked to generalized about Japanese damper brands without mentioning Buddy Club specifically. Maybe Buddy Club is the one shining exception to the author's generalized conclusion.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speedengineer
Originally Posted by assalbert' timestamp='1327710848' post='21359809
Perhaps you're correct, although at the time I bought them, their website specs claimed rebound only. Must have been a typo I guess..
Huh???

OP is asking about the RS EVO. From what I remember, they are triple adjustable. Slow bump, high speed bump, and combined rebound... Or something to that effect.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 AM

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but has anyone else tried these out? obviously moton/jrz/penske would be the way to go if money wasn't a concern, but it seems like a lot of coilover for the money. currently gt motoring has them priced just over $2000 (http://www.gtmotoring.com/product_in...oducts_id=1602 ) which puts them in the same ball park as kw v3 and ast 4150 price wise.

reviews anyone?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

I’ve got approximately 80k miles on my Buddy Club RS not all track miles mind you, but they have proven to take a beating and performs as well as the day I put them on. In my opinion these coilovers are probably the best value and performer in a single adjustable your going to find. retail is $1700 last I checked, but can be had for $1250-$14. They come equipped with 10k springs front and rear but valve for up to 14k. They are compression and rebound combined adjustment, and offer quite a range in adjustability. From full soft to almost full lock up, at 16 clicks I find they are very responsive to dial in a click at a time and are consistent. My biggest complaint with them has been the clicks feel vague and it is a small knob which can take some effort to turn, especially on the gas filler neck side. If it’s a street/track toy these are a great option. If it’s a dedicated race car, obviously you’re looking outside a single adjustable coilover. The new BC EVO looks like a great potential option to fit that bill at the next level. I’ve been nothing but impressed with Buddy Club.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM

we are talking about two different coil overs. the ones in the link (racing spec EVO) are triple adjustable with remote reservoirs.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Lots of great info and photos on this honda-tech thread: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2748948&page=99

Guy builds race cars for a living, and does a revalve of the EVOs himself.

It is definitely a gross generalization that all Japanese dampers are crap, that just isn't true. Especially when comparing high-end Japanese designed dampers with other high-end systems within the same price range. Sure the lower end may not be up to par, but for the most part they aren't even tested and people still call them crap.

The price point for a 3-way adjustable damper is definitely impressive, I suppose it is a matter of having them dyno'd though as with any damper.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by selectablej
we are talking about two different coil overs. the ones in the link (racing spec EVO) are triple adjustable with remote reservoirs.
I realize that, but the RS were mentioned previously, and being one of the guys that took a chance stepping outside the box to run them, I thought my evaluation would be appreciated by the OP, since there seems to be no first hand feedback. There are several guys that do road course and Auto X the RS here in Seattle area. The EVO haven’t been out very long in comparison. Being a multiple adjustable with external reservoirs could only be an improvement, if quality and function remains consistent with the RS.