S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build

Old 11-27-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This was a great write up! Makes me want to get out to mid Ohio this year!
Old 11-28-2017, 04:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FZXtreme
If I don't have to relocate for work I too will be joining you two in HPDE+.
Let's hope we make it a trio of kick ass S's at Gridlife next season.
Make it 4, gentlemen. Ill be doing the full season as well. Im in NC so its a bit of a hike but not letting that stop me.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterfire
Make it 4, gentlemen. Ill be doing the full season as well. Im in NC so its a bit of a hike but not letting that stop me.
OHHH BOY, excited to meet you all. I think a pretty big Youtuber with an S2K will be joining us in HPDE+ too... Let the VTEC Revolution begin!
Old 11-28-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm too much of a novice to partake in time attack, but I'll be at a Gridlife Gingerman event for HPDE. Hope to meet some of you guys.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterfire
I'll happily trade you locations. OH is all yours!

Originally Posted by JackieD
OHHH BOY, excited to meet you all. I think a pretty big Youtuber with an S2K will be joining us in HPDE+ too... Let the VTEC Revolution begin!
I don't know any Youtubers with an S2k, so unfortunately the star shock will go over my head. Regardless, should be a good season. I think my financial situation is starting to shape up and my chances of making it to multiple rounds of Gridlife are looking good if I don't get sucked in a Formula Vee or competing to win my region in NASA TT (both of these options would be just little more expensive than HPDE+).

Originally Posted by TunerD
I'm too much of a novice to partake in time attack, but I'll be at a Gridlife Gingerman event for HPDE. Hope to meet some of you guys.
Look forward to meeting you and everyone else as well!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:07 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

@jackied; I'm picking up my S2K sometime this winter (deal is basically done). I live about 15 minutes from Waterford Hills; I'll be out there for all their Open Track days and probably head over to Gingerman and Mid-Ohio a few times next year as well. Lets get MI rockin' with some Honda love again.

I am a former Mazdaspeed guy, so I usually head down to Tail of the Dragon with all those hooligans in April as well. We should definitely get an events page for MI going again; seems kind of dead over there.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
@jackied; I'm picking up my S2K sometime this winter (deal is basically done). I live about 15 minutes from Waterford Hills; I'll be out there for all their Open Track days and probably head over to Gingerman and Mid-Ohio a few times next year as well. Lets get MI rockin' with some Honda love again.

I am a former Mazdaspeed guy, so I usually head down to Tail of the Dragon with all those hooligans in April as well. We should definitely get an events page for MI going again; seems kind of dead over there.
Hell yea! Waterford suited my S2K so well. Just get some good tires and brake and go. Gingerman and Mid-Ohio is awesome too. Kinda over street driving now though.
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (12-11-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Track days are the quickest way to get over street driving. I'm so over it, I'm to the point where I want a freaking small SUV to daily.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

It comes back when you have a daily and only drive the S2000 occasionally on the street.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:00 AM

UPDATE #4 12/11/2017
THE RULES ARE OUT!! The HPDE+ is now official renamed STREET Class. Sounds a lot better for sure!
TIME ATTACK RULES — #GRIDLIFE

A few interesting rule changes that will affect us in Street Class:
1. new MSRP rule: "Vehicles with inflation adjusted MSRPs greater than $70,000 are specifically banned (eg. Nissan GT-R, Porsche Cayman GT4, C6 Z06, etc.)"
- GREAT. I definitely do not want to race against those things...
2. Tire Size rule: "Tire Width: FWD: 285, RWD: 285, AWD: 255. Tires may only be downsized 10mm."
- Also to try and block out the OP cars such as C7 Corvette Grand Sport. Leveling the playing field is always a good thing.
3. Changes to Aero rule: "Aftermarket aero is prohibited. Modifications to OEM bumpers to enhance airflow are permitted, but only partial removal of material, not addition."
- Time to cut that rear bumper for less drag!! Any ideas on how I can trim the front bumper for more performance?

The rest mostly stays the same as this year. Still, a few interesting areas that we can maybe exploit and etc...

A separate and also special announcement:
BMSPEC will be sponsoring me with their prototype front splitter and rear wing in preparations for a move to StreetMod Class in 2019! Link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bmspec1/
Their new Hammerhead front splitter looks freaking awesome, and has the added benefit of easily uninstallation for converting my car back to Street Class spec. I will be using their aero and attempt to break the current NA S2K record around Gingerman Raceway: 1:40.0. Currently working on a provisional schedule, but expect a few events outside of Gridlife too...

Quick Reply: Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build