S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build

Old 12-29-2017, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice vid! If that was Initial D style it would've been a DRAW
Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It's been a while since I provided an update, I am very sorry, but that's because we've been having big snow storm around Ann Arbor and my S2k has been mostly covered under the snow...

ANYWAYS! We have a little over a month before our shakedown around Gingerman is planned and then #Gridlife TrackBattle Round 1 @ Mid-Ohio the week after that. Still got a couple of things to do until then:

1. TIRES. I have got my set of 220tw tires for GTA Enthusiast class ready, but my new tires for Gridlife are still on the way. Also need to order a set of 245/40-17 RS4s for practice use.
2. WHEELS. I previously announced that I'll be using the Enkei NT03+M. Well... not anymore. Konig has stepped up for Gridlife full season participants and offered a big discount package, and I've cancelled the Enkeis for some new Konig Dekagrams 18x9.5 +35. I'd recommend you all checking it out.
3. WHITELINE FRONT SWAY BAR: Whiteline USA has come onboard to support me for this season! I'll be using their 30mm front sway bar & adjustable end links along with my new Reinharte (Stance USA) R1 Coilovers to challenge the corners. As everyone knows, a big front bar on a S2000 will almost always help, and I love a sharp and responsive front end. This will be a very helpful upgrade.
4. FENDER FLARES & PULL: Brian from BaoHouse Racing will be cutting up the rear fenders to install some lovely ASM-style overfenders, while pulling the hell out of the front fenders to fit out new meaty tires.
5. OIL COOLER, OIL CATCH CAN, REAR LOWER BALL JOINTS: Reasonably simple. For reliability and for handling consistency.
6. BMSPEC SPLITTER & WING: We will test fit these aero parts from BMSpec, before putting them to good use in Global Time Attack Enthusiast RWD this year. The wing and splitter should be shipped within this week!
7. LIVERY: We have finished the trunk part, and as soon as the overfenders are installed, we will finish wrapping the rest. Expect a solid looking car at high speed!

As the season gets closer to start, I'll be bringing more news and updates on this formidable Street RWD S2000!
Old 02-21-2018, 05:50 AM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

good stuff... i have been checking out the konig selection as well.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Does that mean youre not going to be in the Street class at gridlife or are you just swapping trunks and removing the splitter for those events?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:53 PM

I will still be running Street Class for Gridlife. The aero will help a ton in the 3 GTA events that I'm doing, but I'm not quite ready for Street Mod just yet!

I will also have the aero parts from BMSpec on the car for our attempt at the NA Street Tire S2K record around Gingerman. With just the CR aero we got to 1:41.6, so I'm obviously very confident that the current record of 1:40.0 isn't gonna be around for much longer. I WILL TAKE IT DOWN.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JackieD
I will still be running Street Class for Gridlife. The aero will help a ton in the 3 GTA events that I'm doing, but I'm not quite ready for Street Mod just yet!

I will also have the aero parts from BMSpec on the car for our attempt at the NA Street Tire S2K record around Gingerman. With just the CR aero we got to 1:41.6, so I'm obviously very confident that the current record of 1:40.0 isn't gonna be around for much longer. I WILL TAKE IT DOWN.
So you'll still just be running the CR aero for gridlife at Gingerman to remain in street class but running bmspec aero in other events to attempt the NA Street Tire record? Cool. I hope you get it, man.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by JackieD
5. OIL COOLER, OIL CATCH CAN, REAR LOWER BALL JOINTS: Reasonably simple. For reliability and for handling consistency.
Get a good dual pass radiator like this one:

Mr. Sideways x SBG High Performance Radiator - SakeBomb Garage LLC

You won't need an oil cooler. As long as you stay NA, there's no need to run an oil cooler if you have a quality dual pass radiator. I have no problems running 4x 25min sessions in 100F+ SoCal summers out in the desert. A few other guys that data log and that are much faster than me can back this claim up as well.

An oil cooler just introduces an extra failure point and adds extra weight up front. I believe it also lowers your oil pressure overall. Just keep your water temps under control, and your oil should be fine.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings

You won't need an oil cooler. As long as you stay NA, there's no need to run an oil cooler if you have a quality dual pass radiator. I have no problems running 4x 25min sessions in 100F+ SoCal summers out in the desert. A few other guys that data log and that are much faster than me can back this claim up as well.

An oil cooler just introduces an extra failure point and adds extra weight up front. I believe it also lowers your oil pressure overall. Just keep your water temps under control, and your oil should be fine.
are they logging oil temps?
Old 02-25-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings

Thanks for the tip! Interestingly I've never had any water temp issue so the OEM rad can stay for a bit longer. I won't be staying NA for much longer
Old 03-03-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any info online for that Konig support for GL participants? A quick Google search didn't yield much. I was looking into picking up a set of Konig wheels, and if they're offering discounts that would be icing on the cake.

Quick Reply: Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build