S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build

Old 04-17-2018, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the 1:39 lap on FB this morning, incredible driving!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks mate
Old 04-17-2018, 08:02 AM

Got the new record lap uploaded on Youtube! Completed with a Best Motoring-style Pedal Cam hahah. Still had a lot of time left in the car I think. Could've gone 38.0 easily if I had another session in the dry!

Old 04-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

so engine is doing well? did the inconsistency with the power go away?
Old 04-17-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice lap. That looks fast
Old 04-17-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Liked the sounds, but it looks like the car has a handling problem. As soon as it builds up enough force to squeal the tires it gets very loose. It looked like that also prevented you from getting into the throttle. At least once it seemed to have heavy understeer on corner exit.

Are you hitting the bump stops in the rear? Look at some other videos of lap records in popular classes to see how their cars handle. A great one of course is Sandro Espinosa's charge in Spec E30 at Road Atlanta.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Liked the sounds, but it looks like the car has a handling problem. As soon as it builds up enough force to squeal the tires it gets very loose. It looked like that also prevented you from getting into the throttle. At least once it seemed to have heavy understeer on corner exit.

Are you hitting the bump stops in the rear? Look at some other videos of lap records in popular classes to see how their cars handle. A great one of course is Sandro Espinosa's charge in Spec E30 at Road Atlanta.
Well, this was the first session and the third flying lap, and unfortunately I had my tire pressure setting way off. After a cool down lap they were still 37 PSI all around. Honestly I liked the balance, I'd much rather have a oversteery car than a understeery car. The oversteer meant I could pin the throttle and carry way more speed than if it was understeering. The car never really gave me any heavy understeer except a tiny little bit on turn in at T6. If I could get a couple more laps, I could totally get into a 38, if not 37s.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
so engine is doing well? did the inconsistency with the power go away?
To be honest I have no idea. I was so focused this past weekend on my own driving that I really didn't pay much attention to the engine. At least it didn't blow up! The car will be getting an complete oil system upgrade, valve cover mod, pressure/temp gauge, and oil baffle, all going in. With the oil pressure gauge I should be able to get a better reading on what's happening, whether I'm losing a little oil pressure during VTEC or what. Will keep you all updated on that.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:22 AM

Here's the full weekend recap video of Gridlife Round 1 @ Mid-Ohio! Thanks to everyone who came out to say hi, it means a lot and I appreciate all your kind words. Car is undergoing oil system+aero upgrades this week, as soon as they are done I'll report back!
Old 04-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
Last time I was at Road Atlanta, I had a small oil leak. I thought it was coming from the oil cooler lines. I missed last two sessions of the day. Once I got home, I found out the oil leak was from a hair line crack on my K&N oil filter on the top side (so no debris impact). Just FYSA.
FWIW, K&N oil filters are banned in most motorcycle race orgs due to this issue.

Quick Reply: Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build