S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Carbone Lorraine brake pads

Old 05-03-2010, 02:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carbone Lorraine brake pads

http://www.cl-brakes.co.uk/index.php/

has anyone used these CL brake pads? my friend has recently became a dealer of of CL pads and i was considering giving them a try but i can't seem to find any reviews about them. reading through their website, they seem very interesting.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was runnig with a guy at limerock with them pads and he loves them they look like a good pad to me . he had great breaks all day long too .
Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For what it's worth, I use the Carbone Lorraine brake pads on my race bike. It's a very worthy pad in the motorcycle community.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used RC6s (F/R) @ 2 events - NJMP (Lightning) and Lime Rock. Had some vibration at each but brakes performed really well, discs are still in great shape. NJMP had 2.5 hard braking zones (120+ to 60) and brakes were great all day. I have no brake ducting, but use Motul RF600.
My vibration issue is rare and Essex (the CL importers) have been working with me to figure out the issue. It is pretty clearly uneven pad deposition and we have some things to fix it.

I use them on the street and at an auto-x - they are totally street worthy which saves swapping pads and you should (theoretically) be able to scrape the rotors clean btw trackdays since you won't be getting the pads hot enough to transfer material while using them on the street.

I will be trying the RC6Es on my C5 at Pocono (hopefully) in a couple weeks.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:18 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bikey, as far as streetworthyness, How noisy and dusty are they, I am more than willing to put up with some noise and dust on the street but I dont want my wheels destroyed or my ears ringing
Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 AM

Pretty musical at times on the street. Sometimes a lot, it is pretty funny. I haven't noticed much dust on the street - lots at the track though. I don't DD the car though - only use it highway to/from the track.

You might be able to get by with the RC5Es - fully streetable in terms of dust and noise.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM

Yea, I am mostly an Autox guy who would occationally take it to a track... it looks like the 5s have a lower coefficient of friction but the same max operating temp. so they would probably work fine for me.

especially since I run street tires.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:38 AM

Yes, I think so on the 5s. Double check with Essex (the importer). I saw an Evo chewed up some 5s - but the Evo is a bit heavier, a bit more powerful and it was a pretty fast track.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikey,May 3 2010, 09:15 PM
I have used RC6s (F/R) @ 2 events - NJMP (Lightning) and Lime Rock. Had some vibration at each but brakes performed really well, discs are still in great shape. NJMP had 2.5 hard braking zones (120+ to 60) and brakes were great all day. I have no brake ducting, but use Motul RF600.
My vibration issue is rare and Essex (the CL importers) have been working with me to figure out the issue. It is pretty clearly uneven pad deposition and we have some things to fix it.

I use them on the street and at an auto-x - they are totally street worthy which saves swapping pads and you should (theoretically) be able to scrape the rotors clean btw trackdays since you won't be getting the pads hot enough to transfer material while using them on the street.

I will be trying the RC6Es on my C5 at Pocono (hopefully) in a couple weeks.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm familiar with NJMP Lightning, been there many times. I was there last month using Hawk DTC60 with RacingBrakes two piece rotors and I was getting brake shutters one the first day but it went away on the last session on the second day. I didn't notice any weird deposit on the rotors but it looks like I glazed the pads and scored the rotors. I didn't feel any brake fade though. The Hawk eat up my rotors pretty with just the bedding. I drove to the track on street wheel and swapped to Rs at the hotel. It rained overnight and by morning, there were rust and brake dust all baked on my street wheels. It took me 2 hours just to clean one wheel off. I will never leave hawk brake dust on wheels overnight again.

Did you use the CL pads on Rcomp tires. How is the initial bite and overall torque. How do they compare to other pads you have use. How much pad materials did you use up with one track day.
The RC6e seems to be an interesting pad, wonder how long they will actually last.

I don't really care about noise or dust, as long as the dust is not corrosive. I'm looking for good bite, decent ware rate and not too hard on rotors.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bikey,May 4 2010, 06:38 AM
Yes, I think so on the 5s. Double check with Essex (the importer). I saw an Evo chewed up some 5s - but the Evo is a bit heavier, a bit more powerful and it was a pretty fast track.
Ill talk to them, its also possible the evo was running R comps.

Quick Reply: Carbone Lorraine brake pads