S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

DIY Aero/Ducting Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Did some more ducting, now no air gets around the heat exchangers.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Tougefactory

Did some more ducting, now no air gets around the heat exchangers.
Do you have a closeup? What materials did you use?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Haha seen the pics on Instagram. I'm waiting for my trunk to fly off so I can give me an excuse to work on a chassis mount.

y keep the headlights still?

Last edited by Singh_snisen; 04-24-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:33 PM

^^Andrew 3k for a full under body is pretty reasonably. Only problem I see is that it's made out of carbon and once its cracked you will cry lol. Full under body is worth it when you have maxed out all other down force option. You see s2000s with wings and splitter. You don't see s2000s only with a full under body without other downforce. In my opinion you really don't need the under body for a street car.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
Haha seen the pics on Instagram. I'm waiting for my trunk to fly off so I can give me an excuse to work on a chassis mount.

y keep the headlights still?
I still drive it on the street right now but i am going to get some blanks a little later this year.

^^Andrew 3k for a full under body is pretty reasonably. Only problem I see is that it's made out of carbon and once its cracked you will cry lol. Full under body is worth it when you have maxed out all other down force option. You see s2000s with wings and splitter. You don't see s2000s only with a full under body without other downforce. In my opinion you really don't need the under body for a street car.
I don't think you need underbody on a street car either. How ever for a full under tray front to rear we can get one made for 2k or so including labor.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:57 AM

That's cheap ^. And r u gana make or buy the headlight plugs. Cuz I made mine. No one was selling them.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:41 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Finished up my alumalite splitter and aluminum dam. It is reinforced and flush to the front jack point so that you can jack up the front of the car with the splitter still attached. It extends into the wheel cavities, completely covering the LCAs from the airstream, and extends back to the rear subframe brace. I'm going to order a couple more turnbuckles to add a little more stability, but I can stand on it already (I weight about 200 pounds). There's a couple turnbuckles hidden on the far edges inside the bumper, and DevSport mounts in the middle. I briefly tested it up to 70 MPH but haven't had it on track yet. Probably spent about $350 for all the materials, hardware, and a hand-riveter.

We'll see how temps do on track. I have another hood to vent but haven't gotten around to it yet. There's adequate uncovered area at the rear of the bay to exit air, and I removed the bay-to-fender plastics so hot air can exit through the fenders. I blanketed the header to help a bit. But the oil pan is still partially covered from free air so we'll just have to see how it does without an external oil cooler. You can also see the chassis-mounted APR-250 poking up in back there. Next projects are front tire dams and splitter endplates, larger wing endplates, diffuser, and then tying it all together with a full flat-undertray with active cooling for the transmission and diff.

Just HPDE here, so no rules to worry about. Just having fun with the process.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:59 AM

If ur NA u shouldn't have problems with heat. Before I upgraded to Mishimoto rad, I was running oem rad on track days with temps over 105 in summer at Buttonwillow Raceway.
The following users liked this post:
thomsbrain (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

That's cheap ^. And r u gana make or buy the headlight plugs. Cuz I made mine. No one was selling them.
A local shop wants to make me some for using a photo in a promotional advertisement.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Finished up my alumalite splitter and aluminum dam. It is reinforced and flush to the front jack point so that you can jack up the front of the car with the splitter still attached. It extends into the wheel cavities, completely covering the LCAs from the airstream, and extends back to the rear subframe brace. I'm going to order a couple more turnbuckles to add a little more stability, but I can stand on it already (I weight about 200 pounds). There's a couple turnbuckles hidden on the far edges inside the bumper, and DevSport mounts in the middle. I briefly tested it up to 70 MPH but haven't had it on track yet. Probably spent about $350 for all the materials, hardware, and a hand-riveter.

We'll see how temps do on track. I have another hood to vent but haven't gotten around to it yet. There's adequate uncovered area at the rear of the bay to exit air, and I removed the bay-to-fender plastics so hot air can exit through the fenders. I blanketed the header to help a bit. But the oil pan is still partially covered from free air so we'll just have to see how it does without an external oil cooler. You can also see the chassis-mounted APR-250 poking up in back there. Next projects are front tire dams and splitter endplates, larger wing endplates, diffuser, and then tying it all together with a full flat-undertray with active cooling for the transmission and diff.

Just HPDE here, so no rules to worry about. Just having fun with the process.
Hey Peter, That looks great! very similar to something we are doing. Working with Allumalite is awesome, thats what we use on the evo.

Quick Reply: DIY Aero/Ducting Thread