S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Eibach Multi Pro R2 vs Tein Super Racing?

Old 04-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by f20kills
Tien SRC recommended settings slams the shit out of your car lol and no need for roll centers
But if cost was the main driver both will give you just about the same performance its just roll centers and labor to install added to that cost.

I cant afford SRCs at todays price lol so I feel you.
Don't you need to rebuild your SRCs? Hahaha. After 5 years and 60K+ miles (definitely not an easy 60k), I had TEIN dig into my SRCs and the internals were toast. Now I need to figure out how to mount front external reservoirs. Once I figure that out and replace all my torn bushings, I'll be back out for S2kC again! (excuse #1005)

On the side note, @bullwings...Dodge Viper ACR uses Bilstein Clubsports, which are kind of mega money compared to TEIN SRC & Eibach R2...that is if they actually made them for the S2000 platform. I'd say it might rival the JRZ RS Pro setup.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

And just to clarify, these "roll centers" that people refer to add more shock travel and keep you off your bumps stops since R2s height is not adjusted independent from shock travel like SRCs.
Go low on R2s and you're sitting on your bump stop. You need it otherwise dont slam your car like he wants to. I can slam my car and still keep the same shock travel.
ah, this explains it, thats not what roll center adjusters are. roll centers has nothing to do with shock travel. below is a pic of a roll center adjuster (the pretty blue and yellow anodized parts and the ball joint)

here's an explanation of what it is and what it does
The Ultimate Guide to Suspension and Handling Part IX: It’s All in the Geometry - The Roll Center

The following users liked this post:
f20kills (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

They also lower the bottom mounting points of the shocks, which lowers the car without touching preload or affecting compression travel.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by takchi
Don't you need to rebuild your SRCs? Hahaha. After 5 years and 60K+ miles (definitely not an easy 60k), I had TEIN dig into my SRCs and the internals were toast. Now I need to figure out how to mount front external reservoirs. Once I figure that out and replace all my torn bushings, I'll be back out for S2kC again! (excuse #1005)

On the side note, @bullwings...Dodge Viper ACR uses Bilstein Clubsports, which are kind of mega money compared to TEIN SRC & Eibach R2...that is if they actually made them for the S2000 platform. I'd say it might rival the JRZ RS Pro setup.

Mine need to be rebuilt Im sure lol its been years :P
Old 04-04-2017, 11:43 AM

They also lower the bottom mounting points of the shocks, which lowers the car without touching preload or affecting compression travel.
ah, I see what you mean now. but the difference is really minimal and this isn't the reason to get roll center adjusters.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My current ride height is about 2 7/8 from the nub jack points on the fronts of the car and would like to keep it at that height. I feel I'll need RCA's. Maybe I should have just went with tein Super Racing.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by integlspwr
I'm looking at pulling the trigger within the next 24 hrs on either of the above coil overs. Comfort is last on my list and will be trailering my S2000 to events etc.

The Tein Super racing cost a little bit more than the Eibach's but which would you pick and why? Would paying the little bit extra for the Tein Super Racing be worth it?

Also its just between these two coil overs and not really interested in Ohlins DFV etc..

I would post this in the suspension forums but I will probably get answers like just get Ohlins DFV, Fortune or HKS coil overs.

Thanks again everyone!
Originally Posted by integlspwr
My current ride height is about 2 7/8 from the nub jack points on the fronts of the car and would like to keep it at that height. I feel I'll need RCA's. Maybe I should have just went with tein Super Racing. ������
so when you say you'll be trailering your car to events, do you mean track/autox events or car shows and stuff?

if track/autox events, why are you so concerned with being so low? raise it up a little and you'll get better performance.

if car shows and stuff, it doesn't really matter since the car will be trailered and then just parked... and you also got some nice quality coilovers for no reason when you could have gotten something much cheaper.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Of course you can add this from Evasive and lower the car while keeping the geometry and shock travel.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:36 PM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by takchi
Agreed. Top of the line Bilstein stuff is race winning at the top levels of competition.

My point was that the approach to the ACR (on top of quality performing parts) was to have the option to adjust everything, which also means the possibility of setting it up poorly and incorrectly if you're dumb like me...

The GT3/RS (997) on the other hand removed the possibility of user error by having non-adjustable shocks. Not as fast, but more than enough for weekend HPDE warriors. Hence i chose the ARE Bilsteins over the 8300 Penskes - the $2k price differential between the two also made the choice much easier.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
so when you say you'll be trailering your car to events, do you mean track/autox events or car shows and stuff?

if track/autox events, why are you so concerned with being so low? raise it up a little and you'll get better performance.

if car shows and stuff, it doesn't really matter since the car will be trailered and then just parked... and you also got some nice quality coilovers for no reason when you could have gotten something much cheaper.
when I say events. It will be both car shows and track events. I'm looking at making my car handle as good as it looks right now.

Quick Reply: Eibach Multi Pro R2 vs Tein Super Racing?