S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Eibach Multi Pro R2 vs Tein Super Racing?

Old 04-04-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

So why did you set such a deadline on a critical component for your car? I don't understand this at all.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by integlspwr
when I say events. It will be both car shows and track events. I'm looking at making my car handle as good as it looks right now.
ah ok, pretty rare to see a car that does both...

Is changing ride height between track events and car shows a choice? have a little bit taller ride height for the track and have your alignment set for that, mark (or measure and keep notes) your perches so you know what height you need for the track. then lower it for the car so, raise it back up for track events?

and pics of the car since you're bragging about how pretty it looks?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
So why did you set such a deadline on a critical component for your car? I don't understand this at all.
both were a smoking deal that I was first in line for each of them and needed to make a decision quickly.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
ah ok, pretty rare to see a car that does both...

Is changing ride height between track events and car shows a choice? have a little bit taller ride height for the track and have your alignment set for that, mark (or measure and keep notes) your perches so you know what height you need for the track. then lower it for the car so, raise it back up for track events?

and pics of the car since you're bragging about how pretty it looks?
here are two quick pics.

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram
Old 04-04-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Unless you are using a kit like the one from Evasive in my previous post, the lowered geometry will never be right. The J's racing in warmmilk's picture drops the car 20mm keeping the lower arm level. However, it does nothing for the upper arm, the steeper angle with a lowered car raises the roll center and shorten's the swing arm length.

The Wisefab spindles and control arms from Evasive change the pickup up points on both the upper and lower arms.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Unless you are using a kit like the one from Evasive in my previous post, the lowered geometry will never be right. The J's racing in warmmilk's picture drops the car 20mm keeping the lower arm level. However, it does nothing for the upper arm, the steeper angle with a lowered car raises the roll center and shorten's the swing arm length.

The Wisefab spindles and control arms from Evasive change the pickup up points on both the upper and lower arms.
so your saying wise fab kit or don't even think about getting anything else and just ride on bump stops ?
Old 04-04-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by integlspwr
so your saying wise fab kit or don't even think about getting anything else and just ride on bump stops ?
A lot of the serious S2000 race cars relocated pickup points and/or made custom spindles. Lowering spindles are available for some Miatas: Gen 2 Mazda Miata Front and Rear Drop spindles | Keisler Automation

Every other lowering effort faces the trade-offs of reduced weight transfer and possibly better aerodynamics vs. unknown or questionable suspension geometry. The lowered spindles do nothing with axle alignment. But even stock has lots of compromises; those are pretty short control arms, the kingpin angle is set for a high positive offset wheel, etc.

Evasive said in a post that Estonian (at least the website is in Estonian) WiseFab suspension was 2 seconds per lap quicker on their supercharged S2k. That seems like a lot but not impossible.

With any race car the questions are: what are the rules, how strong is the competition, and how much do you want to spend. About 40 years ago a friend of mine and I where watching a driver struggle with a Celica on Thompson's banking in an SCCA Showroom Stock Sedan race. The Celica's hopeless positive camber front geometry was hopeless on the banking (they didn't use pylons to keep cars off the banking back then).

He commented it takes three things to win: pick the right car, prepare it correctly, and drive it well. That driver had picked the wrong car. There are many things the S2k is the right car for, some it isn't. Based on the rules, competition, and budget, everyone has to make their own decision.