S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   Gingerman Raceway aug. 20 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/gingerman-raceway-aug-20-a-1187045/)

desii 08-03-2018 03:59 AM

Gingerman Raceway aug. 20

Hey everyone.

I will be attending my first event ever at gingerman raceway in south haven, MI on aug. 20th hosted by CGI Motorsports.

Is anyone else from the forums going to be there? I've been wanting to head out there since I moved to the midwest almost 4 years ago and finally making it happen.

I've done about 3 track days in California at streets of willow. I ended up signing up for the intermediate group after emailing CGI. They had no space in the Novice group but said I could run with them a few times to get a feel of the track.

Just wondering if any other s2ki members will be out there. Hoping to do a ride along as well.

HawkeyeGeoff 08-07-2018 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by desii (Post 24495544)
Hey everyone.

I will be attending my first event ever at gingerman raceway in south haven, MI on aug. 20th hosted by CGI Motorsports.

Is anyone else from the forums going to be there? I've been wanting to head out there since I moved to the midwest almost 4 years ago and finally making it happen.

I've done about 3 track days in California at streets of willow. I ended up signing up for the intermediate group after emailing CGI. They had no space in the Novice group but said I could run with them a few times to get a feel of the track.

Just wondering if any other s2ki members will be out there. Hoping to do a ride along as well.

Gingerman is a riot and a very easy track to learn; lots of run off and wide.

I will not be there, but if you ever make it out to Waterford Hills on the east side of the state I'm an instructor for their OTDs. Have fun at Gingerman!!

decepticondc5 08-07-2018 06:56 AM

Have fun out there. I visited without a car during midwest festival and I am so freaking jealous of that track. I don't know of any tracks down here that are nearly as good without being extremely high risk.

the-moss 08-07-2018 02:22 PM

I'm hoping to be there.

desii 08-14-2018 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff (Post 24497088)
Gingerman is a riot and a very easy track to learn; lots of run off and wide.

I will not be there, but if you ever make it out to Waterford Hills on the east side of the state I'm an instructor for their OTDs. Have fun at Gingerman!!

Thank you. I didn't know about that track on the east side. Looks like they have a good amount of open track days. Will def. check it out.

Originally Posted by decepticondc5 (Post 24497133)
Have fun out there. I visited without a car during midwest festival and I am so freaking jealous of that track. I don't know of any tracks down here that are nearly as good without being extremely high risk.

This is awesome to hear. I've heard good stuff about this track and the good amount of runoffs.

Originally Posted by the-moss (Post 24497348)
I'm hoping to be there.

Sweet. I will be there in a silverstone 06 s2k. Looking forward to meeting you.

the-moss 08-14-2018 05:28 PM

Not looking good for me. Having issues getting the car ready.