S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

I change my ....... fluid every X track days.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Originally Posted by King Tut' timestamp='1468328204' post='24014592
Diff - Never. That shit stinks.

Brake - Ideally bleed em before every event, but more like every 2nd or 3rd weekend. Castrol SRF is expensive.

Trans - Every year. I already swapped it once after GTA, and it didn't change anything as far as feel and looked brand new coming out. $40 wasted.

Engine Oil and Filter - When I'm at the parts store and I see a good oil/filter change deal, and I have free time to do it. Maybe once every 4th or 5th weekend.
Very technical and well thought out.
and very sensible!
Old 07-12-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Diff - Never. (6m)
Brake - Whenever I replace the brake lines, MC, or SC (1y)
Trans - When I do the clutch, because I inadvertently drain it thinking it'll drain when I unbolt it... like a Nissan Z gearbox. (6m)
Engine Oil and Filter - I got a leak, so I am constantly replacing the oil. Filter gets replaced when the writing wears off... or it loosens itself and it falls out from under the car. This is also when I get to replace ALL the oil. (6m)
Old 07-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

You've all shamed me.

Diff is done, trans is draining and I'll get to the motor oil yet tonight.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

hmmm...

time for me to change some...

thanks for reminder.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tans Gm syncro at the start of every track season. It never really gets bad enough for me to change by feel.

Diff amsoil at the beginning of every year. Never notice a difference.

Brakes motul 600 every 6 months

engine amsoil every other track event
Old 09-18-2016, 08:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read in a few threads when researching this exact topic (specifically engine oil) of how some people will send an oil analysis out after a few track days and receive the results stating that the oil was still okay.

I was curious, has anyone ever tried or read anywhere of someone sending out an oil analysis following the oil change indicator from the car? Curious since the indicator not only takes mileage into account, but also monitors RPMs (therefore abuse severity). Honda engineers being Honda engineers, I would think that research went into this indicator to where it is accurate.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any scientific proof for having to change your oil after every track event or 2 (Like oil analysis results)? I feel that may be excessive considering the length of most driver ed or HPDE events. I currently only change my oil 1/year and do 3-4 events.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Diff (once a season 10-20 events)

Brake (every event)

Trans (once a season 10-20 events)

Engine Oil and Filter (every event)
Old 05-08-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Xene
Is there any scientific proof for having to change your oil after every track event or 2 (Like oil analysis results)? I feel that may be excessive considering the length of most driver ed or HPDE events. I currently only change my oil 1/year and do 3-4 events.
Depends on how hard you are driving the car.
I look at it that 20 bucks for rotella T6 is cheap insurance for every event
Crashing due to brake fluid boiling is not worth the cost of brake fluid for me
Old 05-08-2017, 02:10 PM

Diff- Just at the beginning of the year, although this year I plan on replacing it halfway through the season as I'll be doing many more events this year

Trans- Beginning of the year, same deal as diff going forward though.

Brakes- Every 3-4 events I'll just pull a little bit of fluid out of each caliper to ensure no air and that fluid visually looks good.

Oil- Previously I would change it after every 2 events. However toward the end of the season last year I started to send the oil to Blackstone for analysis. With the addition of an oil cooler and larger pan, I plan on stretching out the intervals more based on what the ongoing analysis comes back as. Oil changes now require about 6.5 qts

Quick Reply: I change my ....... fluid every X track days.