S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

i Need to replace my KW V3 coilovers (dilemma)

Old 11-16-2017, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed info.. it gives some insight on how to find a setup that suits my car and driving style. I think ill go for 14k front and 12k rear.
my question about the springs is bcz you cant change the spring rates later except by replacing the springs.

My car is actually not 50/50 weight distributed right now bcz i have some weight reduction at the back and some weight increase upfront due to the supercharger, larger radiator and coolers.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by suzukablueS2000
Thanks for the detailed info.. it gives some insight on how to find a setup that suits my car and driving style. I think ill go for 14k front and 12k rear.
my question about the springs is bcz you cant change the spring rates later except by replacing the springs.

My car is actually not 50/50 weight distributed right now bcz i have some weight reduction at the back and some weight increase upfront due to the supercharger, larger radiator and coolers.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=suzukablueS2000;24383658]after many years of using them i got one of my front shocks fail and oil leaking from most sides. i cant revalve them where i live so im going for a full replacement. the dilemma im facing is that im on a tight budget. i dont want to exceed $2000 by any means and my car has now retired from street duty and ill use it solely for track and auto x.
QUOTE]

where do you autoX and track in Kuwait? Kuwait city?
Old 11-18-2017, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do you autoX and track in Kuwait? Kuwait city?[/QUOTE]
Love

I track my car in Bahrain's International Circuit. But we have a few auto x events in Kuwait that i participate in =) the great thing right now is that a new grade A circuit is being built in Kuwait that will open next year by march.

By the way guys i talked with k tuned and they recommend me to stick with the standard 16k front and 14k rear springs as long as my car is only for track. I hope i made the right decision. Ill surely give u my feedback once i test the car with the new coilovers. I bought the k tuned
Old 11-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

For that price, some members have been happy with the HKS Hipermax IV SP.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I really have no idea how suitable these are for full track use...you'll have to ask other's who've tried them. But they are defiantly in your price range.

https://www.balladesports.com/produc...2000-coilovers
Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by davidc1
I really have no idea how suitable these are for full track use...you'll have to ask other's who've tried them. But they are defiantly in your price range.

https://www.balladesports.com/produc...2000-coilovers
As a Buddy Club Race Spec owner, these look exactly like those, i suspect just re branded. I cant say for sure thats what these are, but they look identical minus the color change and the addition of the helper spring because of the stiffer spring rate, which i also had to add when I moved up to the 14k spring from the stock 10 buddy club spring. The pillow ball top hat and adjustment nob on top to the dust cover to the shock body all look identical. It has proven to be a very good all around track and street coilover for me for many miles, however Buddy club specs the their damper to be used with a 8-14k range spring, and this one falls outside of that with a 16k so id have some questions. Considering how effective the damping range is on the race specs though I dont doubt they could still effectively control that stiff of a spring, i just dont know how longevity might fair. Could be fine.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

On a tangent, I think it'd be interesting to buy some cheap used Ohlins rear motorcycle shocks, revalve / respring them, and CNC out some top mount adapters. Either that, or I've heard the BC Racing stuff will accept Bilstein internals.

Something to play with if I had winters to deal with.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
As a Buddy Club Race Spec owner, these look exactly like those, i suspect just re branded. I cant say for sure thats what these are, but they look identical minus the color change and the addition of the helper spring because of the stiffer spring rate, which i also had to add when I moved up to the 14k spring from the stock 10 buddy club spring. The pillow ball top hat and adjustment nob on top to the dust cover to the shock body all look identical. It has proven to be a very good all around track and street coilover for me for many miles, however Buddy club specs the their damper to be used with a 8-14k range spring, and this one falls outside of that with a 16k so id have some questions. Considering how effective the damping range is on the race specs though I dont doubt they could still effectively control that stiff of a spring, i just dont know how longevity might fair. Could be fine.
I think the Ballade Coilovers are custom valved BC Coilovers, or at least the older models were. Not sure if anything has changed.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by JamesD89
I think the Ballade Coilovers are custom valved BC Coilovers, or at least the older models were. Not sure if anything has changed.
BC as in BC or Buddy Club? two different coilovers.

Quick Reply: i Need to replace my KW V3 coilovers (dilemma)