S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Introducing the FPSpëc Long-Stroke Öhlins DFV

Old 01-24-2017, 07:51 AM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Marloon
A friend runs 3k helper spring on their car. I am confused as to why a 4-6K helper spring is recommended and how does that work to help improve mid corner stability and traction on corner exit. Thanks!
As with everything in suspension the guidelines are fuzzy and there is no "best" setup for everyone. Generally speaking lower rate helper springs are used to remove excess stroke and better position the bumpstop. Higher rate assist springs are used to provide a dual rate spring system to control the inside wheel's spring rate. Generally speaking the higher rate the assist spring is, the higher the active load is. A 5k assist is active below ~500lbs, 3k is active below ~300lbs.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I would have ordered these with this amazing pre-order price! Incredible value.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BuntaFujiwara
I wish I would have ordered these with this amazing pre-order price! Incredible value.
Same here.

Group buy?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Sponsor

A group buy Pricing is defiantly something we can work up, we're more than willing to help the community. If we can hit this list to 10+ we can hit $2895 (before any additional upgrades)

FPSpec Group buy Interest LIst:
0. Sakebomb Garage
1. BuntaFujiwara
2. gtracer
The following users liked this post:
gtracer (10-31-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 02:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
A group buy Pricing is defiantly something we can work up, we're more than willing to help the community. If we can hit this list to 10+ we can hit $2895 (before any additional upgrades)

FPSpec Group buy Interest LIst:
0. Sakebomb Garage
1. BuntaFujiwara
2. gtracer
3. Boostmaniac

I'm assuming we can customize the kits to our cars? If so then I know I'll need some pro help setting up a kit for autocross
Old 10-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boostmaniac
I'm assuming we can customize the kits to our cars? If so then I know I'll need some pro help setting up a kit for autocross
Absolutely, all FPSpec kits come with a personalized setup/consultation to select the correct main spring rates (and helper rates if needed) for your application, and custom SBG valving to those rates with 1304 race oil and custom valving curves). We just took first at SCCA 2017 Nationals (STR Class) with our FPSpec setup ND Miata (First Mazda in 10 years). We'd love to help setup an S2000 this year
Old 10-30-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Absolutely, all FPSpec kits come with a personalized setup/consultation to select the correct main spring rates (and helper rates if needed) for your application, and custom SBG valving to those rates with 1304 race oil and custom valving curves). We just took first at SCCA 2017 Nationals (STR Class) with our FPSpec setup ND Miata (First Mazda in 10 years). We'd love to help setup an S2000 this year
I can confirm this. I bought Ohlins for my NC from them and I've gotten a ton of support and tech advice that goes far and above just supporting what I bought from them.
The following users liked this post:
SakeBomb Garage (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Ive got about 2000 track miles on my Ohlins right now. They still feel great but with r-comps I think the OE spring rates are too low. Sakebomb, can I send to you for rebuild + upgrade?
Old 10-31-2017, 09:38 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Ive got about 2000 track miles on my Ohlins right now. They still feel great but with r-comps I think the OE spring rates are too low. Sakebomb, can I send to you for rebuild + upgrade?
Absolutely! Shoot us an email at Info@sakebombgarage.com
We can discuss what you're shooting for and get some options going.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just trying to get the car setup good enough so I can even show my face at a Nationals event lol. I've pretty much maxed the stock suspension as it sits.

Originally Posted by warmmilk
I can confirm this. I bought Ohlins for my NC from them and I've gotten a ton of support and tech advice that goes far and above just supporting what I bought from them.
I've heard great things. I just hope this group buy takes off or there is an awesome Black Friday sale. 2018 will see my car equipped with these coilovers.

Quick Reply: Introducing the FPSpëc Long-Stroke Öhlins DFV