S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Just installed Sparco Evo II with PCI non slider mount, full interior

Old 04-28-2017, 01:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you remove the plastic harness holes in order to remove the seat cover all the way to the top (to trim wings)?

Originally Posted by S2000_916
Just installed my brother's seat. Both shoulder wings need to be trimmed a decent amount and the knee area by trans tunnel needs the whole lip removed. Once the cover issue back on it looks untouched.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:15 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
How do you remove the plastic harness holes in order to remove the seat cover all the way to the top (to trim wings)?
If you remove the spring on the bottom you can just peel back the fabric from the rear/side, make your cuts, then pull it back.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
If you remove the spring on the bottom you can just peel back the fabric from the rear/side, make your cuts, then pull it back.
I did remove the spring, but seems like I can't peel back the fabric on the sides due to the harness holes by the thigh sides.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
I did remove the spring, but seems like I can't peel back the fabric on the sides due to the harness holes by the thigh sides.
you just need to sneek a peak to cut , not get the seat naked ! haha
Old 04-28-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_916
my brother forgot to add, this is the new style PCI seat mount . we were excited to try this new style because the x brace was further forward and might be able to drop the seat more. this didnt work out for us. it is still the same height as the old mount. on both seat mounts we left the rear washers out and sanded the bolts down to accept the seat at the lowest side rail mounting point. you might be able to get another 1/2 inch with welding rather then bolts and banging the floor pan but that just seemed like too much drama to get 1/2 inch .
Old 03-17-2019, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S2000_916, how far are you off the floorboard?
How much lower do you sit?
thanks!
Old 03-18-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

With these wider seats, I think a universal side mount plus modified OEM rail works best. I have a Racetech 4009W seat in my car with PCI driver and OEM modified pass, the passenger side seats lower for sure. Driver side sits a bit high and hard to see the tach at times.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by THE Z MAN
S2000_916, how far are you off the floorboard?
How much lower do you sit?
thanks!
with wide seats the pci side mounts are mounted that the lip is towards the middle. the limiting factor is the rear seat sits on the rear side mount nut. i shaved my nut to match the dish of the seat and get to the lowest point possible. on my brothers seat he got the side mounts welded to the bottom pci mount so then the nut isnt the limiting factor now the lower bracket is. my brothers seat sits on the bottom pci mount. sorry i cant find any old pics to show this
Old 03-21-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
So, no harnesses? No Delrin washers between the side mounts and the seats? Not necessary, I'm just curious.

I just installed a Sparco Circuit (the smaller one) on a PCI Slider Mount (multiple drivers) and the wing at the shoulder just barely touches the door card.

5'6" about a 32 inch waist. Harness hole over the shoulder look to be at ideal height. Seat fits snug and not uncomfortable.
What are the Delrin washers all about?
I`m in the middle of installing an OMP ARS on buddy club sliders. I got most of my hardware from HMS motorsport in boston, but I don't have any washers between the brackets and the seats. Is this something that I should be thinking about?
These aren't the dished washers for the 6pt mounting, I assume?
Old 03-29-2019, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP and anyone else -

I'm shopping for my first dedicated track/autox/fun car, and naturally have become interested in the S2K. I've arranged to take a look at a nicely modified one tomorrow that's over an hour away. Before doing so, I borrowed a buddy's yesterday just to take for a quick spin and make sure the car might work for me.

The issue: I'm too tall. With the seat adjusted as I'd like, my hair brushes the top,and the sight line is way to low for comfortable/safe driving. I know I will be sitting lower once race seats are installed, but how much lower? I figure I'd need to drop at least 2" from the stock height. For those of you who have installed race seats on mounts, rather than bolting directly to the floor or whatever, how much lower did it put you? Any input appreciated.

Quick Reply: Just installed Sparco Evo II with PCI non slider mount, full interior