S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Lap belt mounting on a PCI mount

Old 03-24-2018, 03:56 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Lap belt mounting on a PCI mount

ok, I am almost at the end of mounting seats/harnesses! My harnesses are eye bolt type and can’t be changed. This works fine for everything except the tunnel lap belt. PCI specifically says not to use an eye bolt, my guess is the twisting caused by the lever arm. So I think my only option is to drill through the tunnel and do a backing plate. My question is can I drill through where the hole on the mount is an run the eye bolt through both the mount and the tunnel? The only reason I want to do this is that hole is the perfect location. My only concern is by doing so it will do exactly what they want you to avoid.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:34 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

I think with a proper backing plate on the inside of the tunnel you'd be fine. Might make removing the mount more annoying though.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chibo
I think with a proper backing plate on the inside of the tunnel you'd be fine. Might make removing the mount more annoying though.
Ok, that was my thought, I have backing plates on the way. I haven’t put it up on jack stands yet, but I think that spot should work under the car.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a PCI mount and used Rob Robinettes instructions exactly with the backing plates and no issues with the wide evo II US.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:50 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't use a standard eyebolt for either of the lap belt mounting points. Use something like the Scroth 01324 Kit: https://www.schrothracing.com/products/bolt-in-brackets . It will greatly reduce the leverage of the horizontal sheering forces placed on the mounting point, as well as provide a lot more room for seat/mount placement.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Don't use a standard eyebolt for either of the lap belt mounting points. Use something like the Scroth 01324 Kit: https://www.schrothracing.com/products/bolt-in-brackets . It will greatly reduce the leverage of the horizontal sheering forces placed on the mounting point, as well as provide a lot more room for seat/mount placement.
You can’t use those with a clip though right? I have clip in harnesses. It does look as if Rob used them which put them more in line with the bracket location which is how he avoided what I am going to run into. If these can be used with clip in harnesses that might be an option.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

They are designed to be used with clip-in harnesses. I'm using those for both my lap and sub belts with the PCI bracket.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by LeonV
They are designed to be used with clip-in harnesses. I'm using those for both my lap and sub belts with the PCI bracket.
Ok that is good to know! Are you mounted to the actual bracket then or did you drill through the tunnel?

I already mounted the outside with eye bolts and it seemed fine, I assume it is ok to leave that and add those to the bracket?
Old 03-27-2018, 09:40 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz

Ok that is good to know! Are you mounted to the actual bracket then or did you drill through the tunnel?

I already mounted the outside with eye bolts and it seemed fine, I assume it is ok to leave that and add those to the bracket?
I haven't mounted the subs and lap belts yet, planning to do that any day now. I did do my research and spoke with Schroth to make sure the plan is valid. The 01324 will be used for both laps and subs and mount to the PCI bracket and OEM belt mounting, i.e. no cutting or drilling of the body. It's not yet a proof of concept but it's the plan of record at this point. The goal is to install the belts before my next event on 4/7.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:06 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by LeonV
I haven't mounted the subs and lap belts yet, planning to do that any day now. I did do my research and spoke with Schroth to make sure the plan is valid. The 01324 will be used for both laps and subs and mount to the PCI bracket and OEM belt mounting, i.e. no cutting or drilling of the body. It's not yet a proof of concept but it's the plan of record at this point. The goal is to install the belts before my next event on 4/7.
Are you bolting your sub belt to the seat bracket mounting locations?

Quick Reply: Lap belt mounting on a PCI mount