S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Floor jacks compatible with the S2000

Old 06-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Floor jacks compatible with the S2000

I know and do all the funky stuff to get the car up on jack stands with a harbor freight jack....,

What are most of you autocrossers/track junkies/time-attack/club racing folks using to jack the car up?

Has anyone run across a jack that can reach the front/center jack point on an S2k without driving it up on ramps first?
Old 06-23-2015, 02:25 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I don't think there is any jack that will reach the front center jack point without wood/ramps

Even the long reach jacks that the Porsche guys use won't reach
Old 06-23-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Head, I put two small 2x4's in my bag when I go autocross so that I can get it high enough. Even then, the jack I use when I autocross is not low profile/long enough to reach the front center jack point. It will give me access to the sides though.

At home I use the harbor freight low profile and have to use 2x4's as well. The HF jack is one of the lowest you can get.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use this one but branded differently Low Profile jack with LED. This jack is apparently sold under several brand names. Mine came with a blow molded case that fits in the lower well of the trunk in the S2k. It is low enough to fit under all four jack points and lifts high enough to change tires and brakes.

I got mine from Wal-Mart several years ago. Mine is labled Performance Parts GM 7024 low profile trolley jack with LED light.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I use HF racing jacks. From the front side jacking point I can lift both side wheels and front wheels off the ground or if I put a jack stand under the rear of the front sub frame and lower the jack, both front wheels will be off the ground and the car supported by a jack stand. At the track, I have not found the need to jack it from the front center jack point. With a full cage, my car is very stiff. Not sure how a street car will react?

I would not trust just one stand for any vigorous repairs, but for tire changes, inspections or nut and bolt checks it has worked well for me.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by beechx1
I use this one but branded differently Low Profile jack with LED. This jack is apparently sold under several brand names. Mine came with a blow molded case that fits in the lower well of the trunk in the S2k. It is low enough to fit under all four jack points and lifts high enough to change tires and brakes.

I got mine from Wal-Mart several years ago. Mine is labled Performance Parts GM 7024 low profile trolley jack with LED light.
Does it look like this? The LED is very clever. I have 4 floor jacks, none small enough to reach that jack point and none small enough to travel in the trunk. I've been thinking of getting a small HF: http://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton-...ump-62160.html It is aluminum, small, but I'm concerned that the "rapid pump" would make it a bit stiff.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes. It looks just like that but with different labels.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DrakeValle
Head, I put two small 2x4's in my bag when I go autocross so that I can get it high enough. Even then, the jack I use when I autocross is not low profile/long enough to reach the front center jack point. It will give me access to the sides though.

At home I use the harbor freight low profile and have to use 2x4's as well. The HF jack is one of the lowest you can get.
Can you tell me which Harbor Freight jack it is? Like the model number?

I'm not clear if you can get to the front center jack point with the HF jack if using the 2x4's?
Old 06-23-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by beechx1

Awesome....cheap ass jack that can go under the center front lift point!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:41 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Can it really do the front center jack point? I'm skeptical. Beech x1 said four jack points...aren't there 6 or 8 if you could both front side points?

Quick Reply: Floor jacks compatible with the S2000