S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Making a Sparco Circuit 2 to fit into my s2000 (video inside)

Old 07-16-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Making a Sparco Circuit 2 fit into my s2000 (video inside)

Hey guys-- after some cutting and tinkering it is in! I am still thinking about switching to different seat rails or having the seat custom mounted....we will see.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you think there would have been enough clearance with top if u have the seat 2-3 inches forward?

Also, is there any interior dimension difference between OEM and Mugen style HT? I doubt it.

Last edited by usafstud; 07-17-2017 at 04:21 AM. Reason: oem vs. mugen
Old 07-17-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
Do you think there would have been enough clearance with top if u have the seat 2-3 inches forward?

Also, is there any interior dimension difference between OEM and Mugen style HT? I doubt it.
Yes absolutely. I probably should have stated that in the video. If you slide the seat forward more (approximately 2-3 inches) the halo wing will push against the hardtop slightly but the seat fits without trimming. You would probably still have to do some slight trimming of the outside of the right thigh bolster.

With regard to your second question I am not sure on the differences between the 2 hardtops. i just know for time trials with NASA you must have an OEM shaped hardtop. So keep that in mind if you are thinking of TTing or HCing the car.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmants
Yes absolutely. I probably should have stated that in the video. If you slide the seat forward more (approximately 2-3 inches) the halo wing will push against the hardtop slightly but the seat fits without trimming. You would probably still have to do some slight trimming of the outside of the right thigh bolster.

With regard to your second question I am not sure on the differences between the 2 hardtops. i just know for time trials with NASA you must have an OEM shaped hardtop. So keep that in mind if you are thinking of TTing or HCing the car.
Does the PCI seat mount lower the seat compared to Buddy Club mounts? Do you think if it is lower with PCI, it'll provide more clearance between wing and HT?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

moving the seat more forward you run into the transmission tunnel clearance then... shorter people have to deal with hammering the tunnel and taller have to deal with cutting the top... i got my circuit 2 in by having it mounted by the cage builder. he cut out part of the floor mounts to mount the seat directly on the floor with a set of side mounts.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
Does the PCI seat mount lower the seat compared to Buddy Club mounts? Do you think if it is lower with PCI, it'll provide more clearance between wing and HT?
I will note, the PCI mount doesn't let people below like..... 30" inseam to sit close enough. I'm 30" and it's right about the very far range of where I want to sit when pushed all the way forward.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

front seat mounts cut out. drilled 4 holes in the floor for seat mounting. 2 closest to the door i drop bolts into and the two next to the trans tunnel have welded on bolts. nuts with washers on the underside.
outside with the drop through bolts
extra welded on piece of metal for strength
inside near trans tunnel with welded bolts
The following users liked this post:
Snowmants (07-18-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Ya my pro adv would never fit with the door panels
Old 07-18-2017, 03:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm 5'6" w/ a 32" inseam. I have a PCI w/ a slider and am using a Sparco Circuit 2. I trimmed nothing on the seat and didn't modify anything on the trans tunnel, I didn't need to.

I run an OEM hardtop and still use door cards.

I don't use the seat bottom cushion right now. I would also like to remove the slider in the near future but I still likely won't need to trim the seat or modify the tunnel.

My Circuit 2 is the smaller of the two sizes.

Last edited by freq; 07-18-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:04 AM

Without the front seat mounts, is the floor pretty flat? Did you have to hammer/massage to get the floor flat?

How do you have the left (door side) planted slide miunt welded to the metal piece? Why is there also a bolt head?

Originally Posted by t-o_double_d
front seat mounts cut out. drilled 4 holes in the floor for seat mounting. 2 closest to the door i drop bolts into and the two next to the trans tunnel have welded on bolts. nuts with washers on the underside.
outside with the drop through bolts
extra welded on piece of metal for strength
inside near trans tunnel with welded bolts

Quick Reply: Making a Sparco Circuit 2 to fit into my s2000 (video inside)